website

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Hi everyone -
We are looking to make some updates to our website to make it a better user experience for you and so that it is easier to shop.

I'd like to ask if you have any requests/suggestions that would make our website better for you?
Please, this is not intended to be an opportunity to make product suggestions or feature requests. This is strictly relating to the website and it's usability.

So, questions are:

1. What features would you like to see on the WEBSITE that are not currently available.

2. We are looking at a different way to handle downloads. I know many of you do not care for the fact that you must go through the checkout process even though it is for $0. If we eliminate the checkout process from downloads this will eliminate the opportunity for the system to email you that there has been an update. Are you ok with that option?

3. In regards to downloads, would you rather it be an A) direct download (downloads directly to your computer) or B) Have the system email you a link to the download.

Thanks!
WW

jmontes77029

I like the direct download option. I would not mind not having the ability to email when an update is available since updates could be announced here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chronic

Opt-In Option

Option to opt in for email notifications on updates / upgrades

yeg_scan

As long as you remove the checkout part .. it would be good. I agree with the others, being able to directly download something would be best. I think that if we need something .. we can find it.

It would still be good for there to be a post here on this forum as well.

I do not shop on the website as I am not in the US.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I agree with the direct download. That can save hassle, if someone is paying by the byte, or in a hurry.

Make the notifications an optional opt-in. Anything that requires an email address to get past, I make use of bugmenot.com to get around.

Sent via Tapatalk

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Thank you everyone for the answers about the downloads. I will definitely see what I can work out.

Is there anything else that we do not provide that you would like for us to provide?
Access to the downloads, FAQs, Videos, User guides to download... anything we are missing?

Thanks for the feedback!

WW

TrackChatter

Not too long ago I purchased a WS1040 and per the manual I went to the Whistler site to check for upgrades to download. I downloaded and installed what was suggested; only later someone here suggested the download I installed wasn't what I thought it was.

There was confusion. Especially because being a new user to a Whistler product, upon manually programming some things I messed up the scanner. Determining if the programming I did or the download I installed messed up the radio - I was getting all kinds of input to more or less follow the manual better. Of which the manual has a lot to be desired and isn't very intuitive.
All things considered it became somewhat confusing. The website points to here... Weak. Following things here to discover what information is necessary was highly confusing not knowing what to trust.

If the website linked localized topics it could help. To an experienced user the website is 'already learned' but to a newbie it's rough around the edges. Almost everything I've done on radios has been by the school of hard knocks rather than utilizing smooth (there aren't any) tutorials or other sites to go to like RR here. Whether the website, the manual or following suggestions here as the manual or website directs; it was a month of trying to find out exactly what's missing... Because there was always something missing.

hightime

What might be quite useful would be an update manual, telling when, what, and how to use the up date.
Example would be: The limit search on the TRX1. Page 53 on the existing manual on the web site does not mention about the ability to limit the modes not to search. I'd bet that there are some out there that are listening to all the P25, P25 (2), DMR, and VHF frequency modes while looking for just NXDN Mode.

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
I suggest making a chart like I have on my website, but for just your scanners: Digital Radio Product Recommendations

Add things like what they are programmed with... library info... compatibility...

People seem to be buying the older scanners and then being disappointed.

Direct download without login would be nice. I presume they can make a nice looking website that allows you to capture emails along the way without bother people the 20th time they visit the website. Might consider a device cookie.

As for the quality of documentation, that's an interesting situation. All I have to say about that is that people are lucky that there are others willing to help others out.

Also, figuring out a way to manage expectation relating to P25 simulcast without losing sales would be ideal.

Status
Not open for further replies.