WS1080: WS1080 (Upgraded PSR800) Scanner response timeout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I have had the same error on all 3 PSR800s that I've had upgraded to a WS1080. I used the EZScan software to attempt to upgrade the CPU and DSP on the scanners. Usually the EZScan will show an error that the update failed after it has wiped the scanner's CPU software. In the past I would just reboot the PC and try with the direct update software from Whistler without issue. Then I would upgrade the DSP and all worked fine after.

This this last scanner I keep getting "Scanner response timeout!" using the CPUUpdater_WS1080_U4.8.exe. The updater will see the scanner on the correct port and will go through the "Upgrading CPU" but the error shows after that. I've tried on three different PCs (1 Win10 and 2 Win7). I've also tried about 5 different USB cables. Anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited:

TAbirdman

Seems like you didn't update ezscan before connecting the scanner. With that said, to get the firmware back on it you need to download the cpu updater for legacy units not the normal 1080 updater.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Did you DOWNLOAD THE SOFTWARE THAT WAS SENT TO YOU IN THE EMAIL. If I remember it is not the same as the 1080 software.

YES. This is the third PSR-800 I have sent to Whistler to have it upgraded. I've been able to upgrade the other 2 without much issue. They don't email the software to you and nor do they send you a link. The instructions that are in the returned box (same in all 3) stated to go to their website and download the software for the WS1080. This is what I've done.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.