BCD996XT Factory Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
BCD996XT scanner, got into configuration and now hung up on PUBLIC SAFETY search I have hit every button and thrown every switch and keep scanning Public Safety, How do I get to 'RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS" ? thank yo for your time

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
BCD996XT scanner, got into configuration and now hung up on PUBLIC SAFETY search I have hit every button and thrown every switch and keep scanning Public Safety, How do I get to 'RESET TO FACTORY SETTINGS" ? thank yo for your time

Turn scanner off.
Press and continue to hold down these 3 buttons....
2,9, and "hold".
While still pressing those 3 buttons, Turn scanner on.
Release buttons and Follow prompts on screen.

llwade

Premium Subscriber
FXDSCON thank you for your time ........... I remember that now ........ worked around it and was just getting ready to tell everyone never mind........... went into FreeScan pgm > scanner > upload programming > erase all systems & settings. again, thank you for your time

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
You may have inadvertently pressed the Function kob and the 1 button which put the scanner into Public Safety Search. That's probably what Search Key 1 has been assigned.

If you don't wish to do Quick Searching, you could get into your scanner programming software and use either the Configuration Editor (ARC) or Set Scanner Options (FreeScan) and clear the Search Keys (as in not to search any band). Then program the revision to your scanner. That would lessen the possibility of this issue repeating itself.

Doing the "Reset to Factory" is a nuclear option. It has its place, usually after everything else fails. That's because you have to, as you noted above, have to re-program all your systems. Plus you still have those search keys assigned, just waiting for the inadvertent presses.

Status
Not open for further replies.