ArcX36 bulk edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
Trying to find a way to edit the range for all sites and talkgroups within a system. I found a way that works (sort of) for the talkgroups, I can only do about 20 or 30 at a time, which isn't much fun. But nothing for the sites. I tried exporting a .csv file & opening it in excel, but the formatting is all wrong, making it just as tedious.
For whatever reason, the talkgroups on the Indiana SafeT system are set to 20 miles, while the sites are set to 30 miles. I want to reduce the sites to about 15 and increase the talkgroups to about 150, but I don't want to have to go through each site. I haven't updated this favorite list in months, just to avoid having to fix the talkgroup ranges.

Thanks,
Jeff.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
There isn't a tool for that with ARC. The bulk editor is for channels and not sites.

There is a way you can do that if you are adventurous. Use your Windows Explorer to locate the .HPD file associated with this system. Open that file with a text editor such as Notepad. Then do a find and replace, finding 30.0 with 15.0. Then save the file, open it with ARC and program to your scanner.

To be cautious, I'd make a backup copy of the file before tinkering with it, just in case something goes wrong and you need to recover.

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
Thanks ofd8001. I might have tried opening with excel, but I'll give notepad a shot.

Jeff.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Excel is a different file format than the HPD files. ARC has a tool to import an excel type file, but not one to export site data.

I think you'll find using Notepad will do the job (before offering the suggestion, I tried it just to be sure, comparing the before and after with ARC).

Status
Not open for further replies.