Help with bulk upload of Avoided Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

racingfan360

Hi: is anyone aware of a tool that will allow for a bulk upload of a list of frequencies to avoid (lockout) with the BCDx36HP? I'm aware that this can be done singularly using the Sentinel tool, but I frankly find it quicker using the keypad (but that's way too cumbersome when you need to add/remove say 30+ different frequencies depending on location). ARC536PRO doesn't seem to have anything. Does Proscan have this? Anything else?

TIA.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
You don't know what you are talking about.

You can copy and paste columns in Sentinel just like in Excel to copy an Avoid from 1 channel to 100 others with a few mouse clicks in the Favorite List editor. Or highlight multiple channel rows and press CTRL-L to avoid them all in the main Sentinel window.

You will want to do this on a Favorite List, because edits to the Main Database are usually wiped out when you update it.

Ubbe

If you are trying to bulk enter avoid frequencies for the Search/CloseCall function, that you find in the Profile editor under the "Search&Close Call" tab and "Avoided Frequencies" - "Review & Edit", you can do that by opening up the profile.cfg file in a text editor like Notepad.

There are 16 columns of frequencies with a tab between them. The file is normally found in your Document folder under Uniden/BCDx36HP/Profile and then the name of your profile, that can be seen if you do File/Open in Sentinel.

The file content looks something like this:

AvoidFreqs 145650000 145725000 146112500 146187500 146212500
AvoidFreqs 405918700 405943700 405956200 405968700 405981200

Remember to first save the file under a different name as a backup before doing any editing. When you're done you can check the result in the normal place of Sentinel to see that it looks ok. You must re-read the profile file again by doing File/Open in Sentinel. Each frequency must be 9 digits long and the last two digits must be zeros. It is two tabs between AvoidFreqs and the first digit in a row.

/Ubbe

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If the OP is referring to Close Call , you can also enable Broadcast Screen to lock out common pager, FM, TV, and similar frequencies, as well as set several custom ranges of frequencies to be ignored by Close Call.

racingfan360

10/10

If you are trying to bulk enter avoid frequencies for the Search/CloseCall function,
/Ubbe

Ubbe - thank you for your very helpful advice: exactly the sort of 'low tech, easy to use' solution that I was dreaming of, but hadn't occurred to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.