YRP and encryption discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ratpatrol

What caused yrp to switch was global news and other media outlets playing broad asts if an officer down and calling for help. He was pinned under a van that some teens stole. It was hard to listen to and the media outlets crossed the line

I doubt they worry about tow truckers with a scanner or 7

How many crooks rob the 7-11 with a scanner on their belt?

Yrp chief made an announcement to spend the millions to prevent this from happening. Truth is these encrypted radios with digital just dont work as well as analog as far as coverage and reliability.

Ever fire fighter worrys if they can copy him when he is in a burning building hence the portable repeaters

VE3RADIO

Truth is these encrypted radios with digital just dont work as well as analog as far as coverage and reliability.

Lies...

Simply not true, we are long past the analog DES days. Please explain how digital encryption of packets weakens the broadcast signal.. its all data now .. there is no voice being broadcast like in the analog days.. packets are packets.. encrypted or not.

SCPD

QRT
Does have an effect

What caused yrp to switch was global news and other media outlets playing broad asts if an officer down and calling for help. He was pinned under a van that some teens stole. It was hard to listen to and the media outlets crossed the line

I doubt they worry about tow truckers with a scanner or 7

How many crooks rob the 7-11 with a scanner on their belt?

Yrp chief made an announcement to spend the millions to prevent this from happening. Truth is these encrypted radios with digital just dont work as well as analog as far as coverage and reliability.

Ever fire fighter worrys if they can copy him when he is in a burning building hence the portable repeaters

When I was working for the Federal Government we were straight P25 than ADGA our contracted electronics firm received orders to encrypt certain areas ours being one. I worked inside buildings and we only had simplex radios no repeaters straight P25 worked ok and it was VHF frequencies. Once they had encryption installed as the radios were already capable we started to run into problems with missed signals there were more repeat again talks than enough. It was still an ongoing issue when I retired ADGA feel free to look them up on the net large company. Were stating P25 doesn't work well with ENC. at all.

VE3RADIO

When I was working for the Federal Government we were straight P25 than ADGA our contracted electronics firm received orders to encrypt certain areas ours being one. I worked inside buildings and we only had simplex radios no repeaters straight P25 worked ok and it was VHF frequencies. Once they had encryption installed as the radios were already capable we started to run into problems with missed signals there were more repeat again talks than enough. It was still an ongoing issue when I retired ADGA feel free to look them up on the net large company. Were stating P25 doesn't work well with ENC. at all.

I love it when I hear nonsense like this because it keeps people from flipping the switch to encryption which is good for scanner listeners.. even tho the source of your problems 100% was not encryption. Lots of other people on here run radio system also.. some of which are 100% enc..

SCPD

QRT
Nonsense Really

I love it when I hear nonsense like this because it keeps people from flipping the switch to encryption which is good for scanner listeners.. even tho the source of your problems 100% was not encryption. Lots of other people on here run radio system also.. some of which are 100% enc..

VE3RADIO Nonsense evidently you really should research before typing my statements are true facts if your one of those appliance operators VE3. that would explain it. Since my retirement I have sent hundreds of emails to Fire chiefs, EMS co-ordinators, emergency management operators whom seem to think that digital is Enc. I have explained to them the difference between the ENC. and digital pointed them to Radio Reerence.com and Broadcastify and how they were being broadcasted all over the internet. Many have emailed me back stating they were not aware and though they were now secured I have been encouraging encryption to all the departments I have reached and that is vast amount of emails even councillors and mayors and I'm still sending them. People want to transmit this information across the internet than you have broken the basic protocols of years ago what you hear you don't speak about. My emails will keep going out until every City, town, village Fire, EMS and emergency coordinators Mayors and councillors have gotten the message to ENC. your systems now. I'm sure some of the people on here please speak up have read or heard of this email my last one actually went to the mayor and fire chief of Huntsville when they switched to open DMR advising them that they were not secured.
So Radio Reference can ban me I will just make up another account as I use an IP changer.

VE3RADIO

VE3RADIO Nonsense evidently you really should research before typing my statements are true facts if your one of those appliance operators VE3. that would explain it. Since my retirement I have sent hundreds of emails to Fire chiefs, EMS co-ordinators, emergency management operators whom seem to think that digital is Enc. I have explained to them the difference between the ENC. and digital pointed them to Radio Reerence.com and Broadcastify and how they were being broadcasted all over the internet. Many have emailed me back stating they were not aware and though they were now secured I have been encouraging encryption to all the departments I have reached and that is vast amount of emails even councillors and mayors and I'm still sending them. People want to transmit this information across the internet than you have broken the basic protocols of years ago what you hear you don't speak about. My emails will keep going out until every City, town, village Fire, EMS and emergency coordinators Mayors and councillors have gotten the message to ENC. your systems now. I'm sure some of the people on here please speak up have read or heard of this email my last one actually went to the mayor and fire chief of Huntsville when they switched to open DMR advising them that they were not secured.
So Radio Reference can ban me I will just make up another account as I use an IP changer.

Sounds like a plan! Best of luck

P.S. I hope your grammar is better in the e-mail's you send out than in the above response.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Ignore list run and hide VE3RADIO!

Sounds like a plan! Best of luck

P.S. I hope your grammar is better in the e-mail's you send out than in the above response.

So when you run out of rational counter comments you pick on the persons grammar I have been there also my speech, its called a disability and I will keep on sending the emails when that one broadcast of the dying police officer last word and pleas for help were sent over the internet that was enough. It is still illegal to broadcast any commercial radios over the internet but the section of Industry Canada who controls such matters is turning a cold eye.

Best Regards Busch

VE3RADIO

So when you run out of rational counter comments you pick on the persons grammar

Best Regards Busch

Yup I guess so..

I will keep on sending the emails when that one broadcast of the dying police officer last word and pleas for help were sent over the internet that was enough. It is still illegal to broadcast any commercial radios over the internet but the section of Industry Canada who controls such matters is turning a cold eye.

Best Regards Busch

Go for it!

Again.. e-mail and broadcastify have nothing to do with the range an encrypted signal will travel so I am really not sure what point your trying to make.. I guess I should stop replying at the risk of making another low comment.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Busch, your ignorance on this matter is astounding. Please stop now while you have at least some dignity left.

There are some very limited situations where encryption decreases usable range. One of which is using BP on DMR. But, real encryption doesn't degrade coverage at ALL. None. Not one inch. If encryption is so bad, why does everyone use it, and where are the reports from Police unions about officer safety issues? There aren't any because there aren't any.

SCPD

QRT
Ignorance

Busch, your ignorance on this matter is astounding. Please stop now while you have at least some dignity left.

There are some very limited situations where encryption decreases usable range. One of which is using BP on DMR. But, real encryption doesn't degrade coverage at ALL. None. Not one inch. If encryption is so bad, why does everyone use it, and where are the reports from Police unions about officer safety issues? There aren't any because there aren't any.

What is ignorant here is most of the posters!! Buy had enough of all this my main objective is to get all the above services mentioned encrypted. Those who are broadcasting the conversations over the airways including names, criminal history, domestic abuse, etc. should have your systems torn from your homes.
I would put you in the same category with the people that I worked over for 30 plus years Federal Inmates.

Status
Not open for further replies.