BCD436HP listen to one channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdf2437

A real newby here, having little knowledge about police scanners. Would appreciate your feedback to the following question. I completed the task of programming about 15 channels into 5 favorite lists. I think I'm set for having only my favorites getting the scanning and and not picking up anything else. Suppose I hear a really interesting police call on one of those 15 channels. What can I do to make sure that this channel stays frozen, I don't want to miss any conversation from this channel and I'm thinking the scanner is going to go through the scanning of my favorites and picking up other conversations that I'm not interested in at the moment?

Like I said, I'm new to this and not sure how this all works. So I appreciate any help..

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
Check those white buttons at the bottom of the key pad. You can stop it on an individual system, department or channel by pressing the appropriate button. Pushing the button again releases the channel.

KK4JUG

Premium Subscriber
tdf2437, one caveat: You have to do it while the channel is active.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
The white "CHAN" button ("Channel" on 536) is the button to press to hold on the actively transmitting channel.

The white "DEPT" button is the button to press to hold on the Department (or group) of channels.

The white "SYSTEM" button will hold on the System of Departments (which hold channels).

You may wish to consider Number Tagging those channels that you can see a need to rapidly access. Once programmed, Number Tagging will allow you to "jump" to a desired channel by using a button press sequence. Sometimes scrolling through channels manually can be time consuming depending on how many channels are programmed. Also, I've found that in scrolling through channels, they don't always follow a logical sequence (as in A1, A2, A3, B1, C3, A4).

Owing to whether this is a trunked or conventional system, there is either Priority ID or Priority scanning that might be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.