• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

The PROGRAM menu on my M7300

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
So what happens if I select PROGRAM on my M7300?

I'm kind of afraid to mess with that.

I think it has something to do with switching the radio between ECP and OTP protocols,
but I don't think this radio has OTP in it so I really need to know what'll happen if I choose to press that button.

And what happened to the GPS menu option that I swear was available the last time I had a P7300?
I can't even find that menu option in RPM 10B.

DisasterGuy

Program is used to put the radio into program mode if it doesn't automatically do so when read.

I have never seen a GPS menu option on a 7300 but none of ours have GPS boards in them.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
The GPS menu option on a portable enables the usage of the GPS data coming from a GPS speaker-mic. Which I don't have.

I definitely had a GPS menu option before. An earlier version of RPM, I think?

Regarding the PROGRAM menu, maybe I was thinking it's the menu that allows you to switch between
ECP and OTP modes, but if it's not that, then what is that menu?

TDR-94

Regarding the PROGRAM menu, maybe I was thinking it's the menu that allows you to switch between
ECP and OTP modes, but if it's not that, then what is that menu?

I've tried using PROGRAM in the radio menu and it does absolutely nothing on any of my portables.It just results with the error boop tone.

ElroyJetson

Premium Subscriber
That is one oddity that is always a characteristic of the GE-to-Harris radio family. Menu options can be enabled that have no function in that particular kind of radio, which will have a function in other radios supported by the same RPM/ProGrammer package.

kb4cvn

Silent Key
Nowhere near a paved road, away from the maddening
First of all, not all menu functions work on all radios.
Second some of the menu functions are dependent on the revision of firmware.
Third some of the older radios (M-RK, Orion, etc) also required a specific RAM size to support specific functions.

Example:
"FEATURES" in a M-RK or Orion radio...
It was supported only in 512k hardware radios, with Group 30 or later firmware.

"PROGRAM" & "GPS" shown below.

Note: "PROGRAM" only is supported on the Unity mobile and portable radios.

Last edited:

TDR-94

I've noticed that the HELP menu can sometimes indicate a radio model being supported, under the radio specific section,for a particular feature and then under a different search result for the same feature,indicate the same radio model 'not' being supported.

EDACS Priority one scan is an example. Only under one specific search for that function does RPM mention that the P7100 isn't support for scanning a conventional channel in conjunction with a P25T system set for Enh CC scan.

Status
Not open for further replies.