• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

M1225 Scan Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCFire11

I am having trouble scanning with my M1225. I have the capability of programming it so I’m wondering if I am missing something on the programming side.

I have about 5 channels programmed into it. When I press the scan button the scanning “Z” appears however audio on other channels on the scan list does not come thru. I have to place it on the channel directly to hear audio. All channels are enabled on the scan list. The only thing I can thing of is the mic hook. I have tried grounding the pic out and making a jumper for the mic hook with RJ45., the squiggly line and horn icon still appear..

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

clbsquared

Grounding the mic hang up clip is not necessary. All that's required is completing the circuit on the back of the mic. Which is done by hanging on the clip. Assuming you have your personalities assigned to the scan list, your problem could be many different things. One thing I would check would be the HUB defeats PL, or the channel monitor setting. Posting a few screenshots of your personalities and scan list would help others in determining what's going on.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

NCFire11

Ok, it was a hook problem, I wrapped a piece of wire around the mic hangup and it came out of monitor mode.. Is there a way to disable the hook requirement? will a desk mic work?

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
A desk mic will indeed ground the HUB line. Or, your RJ-45 plug with jumper should work also. Short pins 3 and 4 counting down from the top of the mic jack.

CPS does not have a way to defeat HUB.

Status
Not open for further replies.