JMBE path issue for SdrTrunk

Status
Not open for further replies.

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
So I'm trying to get the JMBE decoder set up for SdrTrunk. I keep getting a failed response when I run the build for the path. Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• error.jpg
    error.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 427
  • Path 2.png
    Path 2.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 393
  • path 1.png
    path 1.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 400

ME343

ME/NH/VT DB Admin
Database Admin
First issue has been fixed. Now I am getting a complier issue.

Attachments

• error5.jpg
    error5.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 394

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Eric,
There is an issue with the new Java 9 that was released last week that causes compile and runtime errors in sdrtrunk.

If possible, please use Java 8.

I'll fix the code incompatibilities and release a patch for sdrtrunk 0.3.0

Denny

10-75

Feed Provider
I am having an issue getting the JMBE Audio Library Builder to work as well... I have tried various versions of the JDK and also on two different machines and get the exact same error on both. I have changed the environmental variable path as recommended in numerous posts but still get the same error.... Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks....

Attachments

• JMBE builder error.jpg
    JMBE builder error.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 282

10-75

Feed Provider
I'm running "sdrtrunk_0.3.1" so I would think that has the patch in it for Java 9.....

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
I am having an issue getting the JMBE Audio Library Builder to work as well... I have tried various versions of the JDK and also on two different machines and get the exact same error on both. I have changed the environmental variable path as recommended in numerous posts but still get the same error.... Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks....

It looks like your path is not setup correctly.

1.Edit the 'JAVA_HOME' variable (upper window) and remove the
Code:
\bin
from the end of it.

2.Edit the 'Path' system variable (lower window) and add
Code:
;%JAVA_HOME%/bin
to the end of it.

10-75

Feed Provider
Denny,

Thanks for the response... I have to say I'm totally lost now.... None of your recommended changes match anything I've read on setting this up. That being said, I made the changes as you suggested and had an error with the /bin for the system variable. "/" is an illegal character and I suspect you meant "\bin" Am I correct? Anyway, here's what my config looks like now and I still have the error.... Thanks again for your help....

JAVA_HOME

C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9

Environment Variable

C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;%JAVA_HOME%\bin (There's no space between the i and the n - Wierd, it shows correctly when I try to edit the space out here)

Last edited:

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
After looking at your screen capture again, I think you may have to move the JAVA_HOME variable from your user variables (top window) down to your system variables (bottom window).

By editing the PATH system variable, you're telling windows where the javac.exe (Java compiler) is located on the file system.

The JAVA_HOME variable should point to your java installation (without the /bin subdirectory).

The PATH variable should point to the JAVA_HOME + \bin directory. You can achieve that by adding one of the following 2 options to your current PATH setting (the semi-colon is a separator for each PATH entry):

Code:
;%JAVA_HOME%\bin

or

Code:
;c:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9\bin

You can test if you have it set correctly by typing
Code:
javac -version
. Make sure you close out any command windows that are open, and then reopen the command window so that the changes you make will take effect. When you open a command window, it loads with a static copy of the environment variables and you have to reload the command window for the changes to take effect.

If you get a response that indicates the installed java version, then it's setup correctly.

One other tip ... if you compile the JMBE library with Java 9, make sure you also use Java 9 when running sdrtrunk. You won't be able to copy a JMBE library compiled with Java 9 to another computer that is running Java 8 for sdrtrunk ... it will tell you that the code is not compatible.

Denny

10-75

Feed Provider
Denny,

Thanks again for your help.... I already had ";%JAVA_HOME%\bin" in the system variables which I guess was put there during the JAVA install.... What did the trick was to add under user variable:

Variable name "path"
Variable value "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9\bin"

Once I did this I was able to check the JAVA version and compile the JMBE jar file.... Thanks again ...

DSheirer

Premium Subscriber
Glad you got it to work.

There's a potential issue with your setup ... you have the PATH variable defined as both a system variable and a user variable. I guess windows picks the user variable as preferred over the system variable when there is a duplication like this. This may cause you issues down the road if you install new software that modifies the system variable and not the user variable, or vice-versa. You may want to make sure the system variable has all of the entries that you want and then delete the user variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.