A Little Help Is Appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

stapey

Hello, I just purchased a Uniden BCD996P2 scanner so that I can listen to the Horry County Police (SC). I have paid for the RadioRefrence.com premium service and downloaded the ProScan 12.4 software...now what. How do I upload the Horry County Police into my scanner? Thank you in advance, Ed

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Connect the scanner to the computer, then open Proscan. Click Scanner Type and select 996p2. Click Comm Port and if you can, tell it the com port the scanner is on, if not try the search. Once it finds the scanner set the port to that port. You should see the scanner display at the top of the program mirror your scanner display. (Scanner MUST be powered on)

Click Database, then Import and select Radio Reference. Log in in the upper right part of the screen.. Select your local info using the menus on the left. Click import for EACH system. Once you have everything, close the import window. and select Upload to Scanner..

mckinscan

Feed Provider
Hello, I just purchased a Uniden BCD996P2 scanner so that I can listen to the Horry County Police (SC). I have paid for the RadioRefrence.com premium service and downloaded the ProScan 12.4 software...now what. How do I upload the Horry County Police into my scanner? Thank you in advance, Ed

You should have a USB cable that you connect to your computer and plug other end of the cable to your scanner then from the prosScan software select upload to your scanner once ou have downloaded the frequencies to the proScan

Last edited by a moderator:

stapey

When I choose RadioReference Web it says "A Database File Must Be Open - Click on the Database menu and click new or open". What does that mean? When I click new or open a couple dozen .txt files show up.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Click new. There isn't one open, so it has nowhere to save the info. name it whatever you choose.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
It will take a while to figure it all out, but you cannot harm the radio. After you do figure it out, life will be much, much better. Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.