UV-25x4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mass-man

trying to retire...
Premium Subscriber
Having never owned a CCR, just wondering about this one. I like the size, the coverage, etc. Would fit in my car without a lot hassle, and give me 222 mhz!

Good, bad, ugly! Only two reviews on eham, so hoping for a bit of insight here ....

thanks all...

insanity213

Having never owned a CCR, just wondering about this one. I like the size, the coverage, etc. Would fit in my car without a lot hassle, and give me 222 mhz!

Good, bad, ugly! Only two reviews on eham, so hoping for a bit of insight here ....

thanks all...
Front end is a little loose but not terrible. The channel knob kind of sucks too. If you turn it too fast it'll sometimes go the opposite direction. Easy work around is to use the buttons on the mic. I got mine on the prime day deal from Amazon.

Decent radio but wouldn't pay more than 99 bucks for it.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

KD8DVR

I've had mine a few months now, so I'm comfortable enough to say it's going to work. The transmit and receive audio are excellent. There is a microphone gain adjustment; but leave it at the default 10, unless you are quiet. Any more that that will just be too loud. You can synch 2 lines together, so you have the alpha tag and the frequency track together. Also, you can monitor p to 4 frequencies in a quad watch configuration.. less, if you want to synch lines. small cooling fan does its job.

I do not like the 1-10 menu driven squelch. They needed a knob. There is no squelch hysteresis at all. You'll lose a signal, even set at 1. No provision to adjust squelch threshold.

Status
Not open for further replies.