This update provides the following improvements:

• Support saving the P25 Threshold Setting
  • Improved DMR Simplex reception using Auto Threshold
  • Fixed DMR Slot Display
  • Fixed Control Channel Only Custom Search for Motorola analog systems

garys

Premium Subscriber
Disregard, wrong scanner!

It's still nice to see you back so soon, Paul.

milcom_chaser

No Voice Decode...

Still not seeing the radio decoding P-25 Phase II voice when searching, and then trunking on discovered control channels...

Meanwhile, thanks for the other updates being addressed.

Would like to see this one I mentioned addressed as well.

PS: Paul, wish you a speedy recovery on your journey of healing...

Last edited:

paulmohr

I have a question. I assume even though the p25 threshold limit setting shows up in the normal menu now, and you can manually set it and save it, it is still a global setting correct? I don't see an option to set the threshold level for different systems, just the main setting in the "settings" menu. If you were scanning multiple p25 systems or sites would it possibly be better to just leave it in "auto"?

I noticed even when monitoring one system with one site when in auto it tends to jump around quite a bit. Normally it is in the 8-10 range but it will drop to 5 and go as high as 13 at times.

I will also add that don't seem to have an issue with garbled transmissions, it either comes in or it doesn't.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Thank You! The saved p25 threshold makes it a ton easier to use my portable in the car. I had to wait for red lights to press hold and power to set it every time I turned it on :)

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Nothing to do with this thread.Back to topic at hand thanks for the update.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

Yep. Any more off topic posts will be deleted and warnings or infractions issued.
Keep this thread about the firmware for the named models only please.
Marshall KE4ZNR

northzone

Premium Subscriber
Still not seeing the radio decoding P-25 Phase II voice when searching, and then trunking on discovered control channels...

Would like to see this one I mentioned addressed as well.

You most likely never will. P25 phase 2 requires the data stream from the site to decode TDMA. This why you don't see simplex phase 2 (and why the NPS, USFS, etc will not being using it).

So the scanner has to be programmed as a P25 site to decode TDMA. A conventional search will work.

milcom_chaser

You most likely never will. P25 phase 2 requires the data stream from the site to decode TDMA. This why you don't see simplex phase 2 (and why the NPS, USFS, etc will not being using it).

So the scanner has to be programmed as a P25 site to decode TDMA. A conventional search will work.

This is not a conventional search, it is a control channel only search in the 800Mhz band.

So not sure the difference between programming a site with the control channel vs doing a control channel only search if both modes track trunk the system and show the talk groups?

Like i mentioned, it finds the control channel, and trunk tracks the system properly, so the band plan must
be correct. It just won't decode the voice data.

Would love to speak to a Uniden Engineer about this...

Your thoughts?

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager

Not quite. The only reason you don't see simplex tdma P25 voice is because the standard doesn't exist.

DMR is tdma and it works fine on simplex.

Status
Not open for further replies.