Athens county

Status
Not open for further replies.

firecatohio

I know of Athens city and ems on marcs but did county fire ops Change up? I no longer hear nelsonville on what's on here..

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
Athens County Fire just switched to their new simulcast system on 156.2325 MHz for all communication. That system replaces a gaggle of low powered repeaters that operated on different frequencies throughout the county. There are a number of fire ground channels in use but all are low power mobile and portable only with no base stations.

There are no plans for Athens County's fire departments (except for the city of Athens) to use MARCS at this time. Athens City Fire is completely on MARCS with VHF simulcast on 154.265 MHz.

Most law enforcement in the county operates on MARCS but the old VHF system ("County L.E.") on 151.19 MHz is still operations. I believe Amesville, Buchtel and Glouster are the only agencies still using County LE on a regular basis and those will switch to MARCS as money permits.

Athens County EMS operates on MARCS with a VHF dispatch simulcast on 159.075 MHz.

Rick, W8UU

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber
Nelsonville Police has their own MARCS talk group. Nelsonville Fire now uses 156.2325 MHz with the rest of Athens County's volunteer fire departments.

Rick, W8UU

firecatohio

ok thanks fellas. got 1 radio done. now anyone know how to an update with out doing all the not fun work on a uniden 996xt? im looking at software and just want to update athens county but im thinking im over looking something

olphart44

this probably should be a new thread, but saw athens county in the conversation and am a total noob.. Just today hooked up a homepatro2 and update data base etc...seems to be working Ok except for Nelsonville York school....all I get there is a loud chattering noise whenever it stops on their frequency. Why am I able to hear other schools but not N-Y??

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
this probably should be a new thread, but saw athens county in the conversation and am a total noob.. Just today hooked up a homepatro2 and update data base etc...seems to be working Ok except for Nelsonville York school....all I get there is a loud chattering noise whenever it stops on their frequency. Why am I able to hear other schools but not N-Y??

Looking at their license my guess would be that they've converted over to a digital (probably DMR/MotoTRBO) system, which the HP2 cannot decode.

W8UU

Pilot of the Airwaves
Premium Subscriber

Nelsonville-York Schools are MOTOTRBO. One talk group is the school buses and the other for administrators.

Rick Callebs
W8UU
KAE9978

OHIOSCAN

Logged these recently no Id's

7008 590363 UNID ATHENS CO ?
7008 590369 UNID ATHENS CO ?
7008 590361 UNID ATHENS CO ?
7014 590360 UNID ATHENS CO ?
7032 590130 UNID ATHENS CO ?
7032 590159 UNID ATHENS CO ?

firecatohio

MARCS updates (Athens cnty (05))..

Looking for updates someone may have found possibly. From what I'm understanding is nelsonvilke fire is using marcs. Trying to find there TGID but nothing on RR..

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Nasby

If you set your scanner to ID Search (Uniden) or create a Wildcard-Group (Whistler, RS, GRE) on your local Hocking Co. / Athens Co. MARCS sites you can discover them all by yourself.

Then you can update RR with anything you find.

Being such a backwoods part of the state, I doubt there are a very many scanner enthusiasts searching for the Nelsonville FD's latest talkgroup. So you may be on your own.

Happy scanning!

ibagli

Try 7001. I heard a Nelsonville FD unit on that a few weeks ago but didn't hear enough to figure out what they were using it for.

Status
Not open for further replies.