Anyone hearing Hillsborough Co. FR landing zone TG?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

Picking this up from a similar thread here, I haven't heard any landing zone op's on 04-104 or 04-101, even when when a FR unit is told to contact the helo for final approach instructions. Are they using a different TG or is my timing just bad?

tampatracker

I hear traffic on TG 593 very sporadically, and even when I do it's full of static.

I just noticed I had 04-101 avoided, as there used to be interference from some northern system on either that or 04-104, I don't remember which. So I'll check this out for awhile.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
I just noticed I had 04-101 avoided, as there used to be interference from some northern system on either that or 04-104, I don't remember which. So I'll check this out for awhile.
I know exactly what you're talking about, and I heard the same sort of interference during Irma. It appears that whenever these TGs activate, the radios they use are on a Motorola system as identified by the infamous Motorola "chirp" being heard.

tampatracker

I know exactly what you're talking about, and I heard the same sort of interference during Irma. It appears that whenever these TGs activate, the radios they use are on a Motorola system as identified by the infamous Motorola "chirp" being heard.

I forgot to add in my previous post thank you for your response, good to hear from you.

CanesFan95

Those LZ talk groups have been complete garbage for many years. Just lockem out. They're useless trash.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
So it seems that TG 593 (04-101) is patched to 153.92 MHz (the frequency in use in Bradford County), and that's what is causing the talkgroup to activate. However, I have not heard any traffic on 153.92 MHz as a conventional frequency with my setup. Can anybody else hear the interference on that frequency with their setups?

tampatracker

So it seems that TG 593 (04-101) is patched to 153.92 MHz (the frequency in use in Bradford County), and that's what is causing the talkgroup to activate. However, I have not heard any traffic on 153.92 MHz as a conventional frequency with my setup. Can anybody else hear the interference on that frequency with their setups?

No, I personally have never heard any Bradford Co. traffic there, just from the TG bleed-over. And of course 153.92 has been deprecated from Hillsborough long ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.