Looking for really old 536HP firmware ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeg_scan

I am looking for really old 536HP firmware files.

Like I am thinking 2015 or 2016. Does anyone know where I can get them as honestly I hate this scanner so much that it will likely go in the dumpster very soon.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I am looking for really old 536HP firmware files.

Like I am thinking 2015 or 2016. Does anyone know where I can get them as honestly I hate this scanner so much that it will likely go in the dumpster very soon.

I will give you $100 for it if you decide to throw it out.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Reverting to an older firmware version is unlikely to help whatever issue you are experiencing. Why do you want an old firmware?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Reverting to an older firmware version is unlikely to help whatever issue you are experiencing. Why do you want an old firmware?
Also, bear in mind that if you go "too far" back, you may lose the functionality of the DMR or ProVoice upgrade (if you purchased them for this unit).

yeg_scan

I do not do DMR or PV on that scanner, in fact I use it to monitor one TG as it will not work on an outside antenna and I am restricted to using a duckie antenna inside. It overloads like **** .. and is pretty useless.

I only want to use it for Edacs and nothing else. So as long as I can do that and record, then I am happy. I know sad for a top of the line scanner.

The issue I am having is that it stops recording whenever it likes. I am hoping that going back in time will fix this issue.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
The only way that "going back in time" will fix that is if you go back in time and buy a new, quality, SD card.

wbswetnam

The only way that "going back in time" will fix that is if you go back in time and buy a new, quality, SD card.

I agree, try a new, quality SD card first. If not, then I will happily trade you your troublesome 536HP for my BCT15X. It does EDACS and it has a "record out" jack. I'll even pay all shipping.

yeg_scan

I am not selling the scanner so don't ask, but I may dump it on one of my friends if I cannot get it to work as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.