TxWARN Tomball/NW Harris Co Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5HLM

Premium Subscriber
Hey Guys,

I was formerly quite active in scanning--especially on the Harris County trunked system, but am just getting back in again after several years. I was wondering if anyone can tell me the difference between the TxWARN Tomball site and the NW site. I see that the NW site is simulcast, so I would assume that it carries a wider array of traffic. So does the Tomball site basically handle traffic for the NW area, and it is then simulcasted over on the NW site? My main goal is to figure out which of these sites is most reliable for monitoring the traffic in the Cypress area. Any additional info would also be welcomed.

Thanks in advance,

Haskell

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
NW Simulcast and Beltway Simulcast for the Cypress area. The Tomball 800 site is a "roamer" site and only carries talkgroups from out-of-area agencies when they are in the area.

w5rah

Which site are you referring to as the Beltway simulcast? Is that the Houston Northwest Public Safety Site? Thanks!

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
1-52 is the Beltway Simulcast. (so called because its primary coverage area is inside Beltway 8)
1-39 is the Tomball roamer site.
At a glance, the other identified "roamer" sites are 17, 29, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, and 38.

Simple rule of thumb for monitoring TxWARN: any talkgroup ID below 30000 is only carried on Layer 1 and 2 sites, and any ID above 30000 will only be carried on the Layer 3 (Houston) sites.

iamhere300

1-52 is the Beltway Simulcast. (so called because its primary coverage area is inside Beltway 8)
1-39 is the Tomball roamer site.
At a glance, the other identified "roamer" sites are 17, 29, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, and 38.

Simple rule of thumb for monitoring TxWARN: any talkgroup ID below 30000 is only carried on Layer 1 and 2 sites, and any ID above 30000 will only be carried on the Layer 3 (Houston) sites.

Are the level 3 sites all simulcast, or just level 3 1-5? Are they simulcast with the level one sites mentioned above?

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Only 1 through 5 are simulcast, the rest are IR sites. Not sure what you meant by the second half of your question..?

N5AMS

He's asking if zone 3 is linked with zone 1 and the answer is no. Zone 3 acts as its own system basically it doesn't carry zone 1 and 2 traffic or vise versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.