Active Shooter in Las Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Mass Casualty Incident ongoing at a concert near the Mandalay Bay.

HopperD

Premium Subscriber
I'm listening to that on the scanner app and watching the news. Sounds pretty chaotic at the moment.

The hospital reporting at least 20 people shot so far. Sounds like there's more than one suspect also.

HopperD

Premium Subscriber
Whether or not they requested for it to be taken down, it's still active now as of 0022 hours Pacific time.

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
I don't know if thats accurate. Haven't seen any posts from Lindsay about it on the admin side.

i think there was some concern from some people on Twitter on the LVMPD page about tactical comms being broadcast but i haven't heard any, and i know driving through there that they do encrypt those anyway, so there concern is inaccurate

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
i think there was some concern from some people on Twitter on the LVMPD page about tactical comms being broadcast but i haven't heard any, and i know driving through there that they do encrypt those anyway, so there concern is inaccurate

Sounds like there is now a pretty significant delay on the feed...

I'm re-hearing traffic I heard 30 minutes ago.

com501

The statewide EDACS system was simulcasting everything anyway, even here in Reno. I didn't get any sleep much.

com501

On my state radio it was on LV-2. EDACS radios only show the primary talkgroup, not any patches.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Looks like the feed is offline: Las Vegas Metropolitan Police - All Area Commands

I don't know if that's intentional, or a technical issue with the stream.
Looks like I'll have to listen to the VHF freq.
There is a Status message on the feed about some continuing technical issues not related to this incident.

"Status: I am currently experiencing a bug or some form of issue in my network causing my feed to repeatedly go offline. I am trying to locate the cause of the problem and get it fixed as soon as possible. Until this is fixed my feed may go offline randomly and fr"

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I listened to SWAT doing an explosive breach of the shooters door at the hotel. Audi clip from news said courtesy of Broadcastify. Dispatch was on the channel telling units to get back so it may have been a dispatch channel and not necessarily their SWAT talkgroup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.