700 channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Or, better yet, explain a bit more about what you mean by your question. Is there a specific system or set of agencies you are trying to receive? Describe them in more detail than "700 channels." Link to the system(s) in the database would be good.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I have a feeling that he wants to do a a control channel only search of the 700 MHz band. If so the directions are online or check out the easier to read scanner manuals although I can't imagine it getting easier than a home patrol unit to begin with. He could just pull his system right off the database and put it in its own favorites lists. If your talking about 700 MHz conventional channels do a conventional custom search of the 700 MHz band.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

cg

Premium Subscriber
If you do a custom search on 700 MHz, be sure to set your STEP at 6.25

chris

northzone

Premium Subscriber
Or, better yet, explain a bit more about what you mean by your question. Is there a specific system or set of agencies you are trying to receive? Describe them in more detail than "700 channels." Link to the system(s) in the database would be good.

What makes finding the 700mhz channels difficult is that they are not really in the FCC database. If you search the 700mhz licenses for the state I am currently in there is just one, it says 769-775 mhz. Then the states have the task of assigning the channels within this band across their own state. The FCC database is of little help. So info in the RR database will be slim. It is up to us to figure them out, searching and using tools like Pro96com (which I run with my BCD996P2). I am doing a lot 700 searching currently.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.