CalFire new VHF data system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

northzone

Premium Subscriber
I noticed CalFire is getting a bunch of new licenses for channels with the emission designation of 6k50f1d. I believe that is data. Anyone know what is in the works? New mobile data system?

KK6ZTE

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, only recently found those attachments myself! Always learn something new.

brushfire21

Feed Provider
This appears to be situated in Tehema County, single site. I couldn’t find much for other locations with same emission type in the state unless I missed something. Possibly this is a test/evaluation site. I have heard rumours that Calfire is going to an AVL service.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
NAPCO page shows pending and approved applications for:
Exeter (Blue Ridge)
Pine Grove (Mt. Zion)
Oroville (Bloomer)

All are showing the same 6K50F1D emission. 151.3175, although the Oroville site has other frequencies listed.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Oh yeah I forgot about this. Was wondering why I was seeing a solid transmission every 15 seconds or so on 151.3175 on my SDR, line of site to Colby Mtn. Now I'm curious on the MO freqs and the 151.070 FB up there as well.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Interesting, the new calfire 2018 plan has done away with Command 5, which was 151.3175, which is where this data is now residing. There is no squelch tone with the transmission from Colby Mtn.

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Interesting, the new calfire 2018 plan has done away with Command 5, which was 151.3175, which is where this data is now residing. There is no squelch tone with the transmission from Colby Mtn.

That is because Command 5 is the new AVL data channel. They took it out of the load for that purpose.

The plan is to have the AVL system up and running this year. AEU and BTU already have theirs installed...NEU is being done in May or June. Interestingly, the AVL transmitters are interfering with NEU's Local West. The frequencies in C5 are interstital freqs to the NEU West frequencies, and the data bursts are causing localized interference, especially in the Placer/Yuba/Sutter county areas.

That is because Command 5 is the new AVL data channel. They took it out of the load for that purpose.

The plan is to have the AVL system up and running this year. AEU and BTU already have theirs installed...NEU is being done in May or June. Interestingly, the AVL transmitters are interfering with NEU's Local West. The frequencies in C5 are interstital freqs to the NEU West frequencies, and the data bursts are causing localized interference, especially in the Placer/Yuba/Sutter county areas.

Are schedule a engine's getting the AVL or just B's?

Duster

Supposedly Retired...
Database Admin
Are schedule a engine's getting the AVL or just B's?

Just Weed-Wagons in this round. I'm not sure how the funding for Sched A is going to happen. Our Schedule A BC's are getting them because they do SRA coverage, but not our A engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.