West Sacramento Fire VHF simulcast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigRoN18

Premium Subscriber
While I know that West Sacramento Fire uses the Sacramento Regional Radio Communications System trunked system, I was told that they have a VHF simulcast frequency as well but I do not see it listed under Yolo County in the Radio Reference database. Does anyone know this information? I find it odd that it is not listed when other fire simulcast frequencies are listed for other departments that are on trunked systems, like the City of Davis (on their own system), the City of Roseville (on their own system), Sac City, and Sac Metro.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
West Sac & Yolo County Fire

The calls on SRRCS WS FIRE TG 64208 are typically also on 154.44500 141.3 PL Yolo Co FD Dsp Dispatch - Green FM Fire Dispatch
I'm not sure if it falls under the pure definition of simulcast.

ke6gcv

No True Simulcast

There is no actual simulcast for West Sacramento Fire on VHF, only the initial toning for apparatus. All other traffic is conducted on their respective SRRCS talk groups.

Mutual aid requests to Clarksburg/Yolo County (except for Davis/UC Davis), however, may be conducted on Green fire/VHF tac channels. Those stations, to my knowledge, don't have 800MHz/P25 due to most being volunteer (again, excluding Davis/UC Davis).

There may be, however, some simulcasting between the old trunking and the new P25 systems in West Sacramento.

Status
Not open for further replies.