Software Feature Requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nysff

First and formost, if this is posted to the wrong forum location please kindly relocate or update for me.

I would like to make a feature request for ProScan or Software in the Uniden BCD536HP Scanner. When we have the replay in review id like to press a selected key to save audio that was being reviewed during replay. I know the saved replay audio automatically gets recycled with new audio but at times Id like to save select audio to add to my incident posts i make in my website. Example: when pressing replay mode, I wish to save audio file 4/22 by pressing “Selected” button.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
That might be a scanner firmware feature - giving you the option to save a re-played transmission, rather than a scanner programming software thing. I believe Proscan may do recording transmissions in the virtual control mode.

You might be on to a good idea for the scanner though.

Ubbe

Yes, Unidens replay function leaves much to be desired. You can actually do a lockout while the replay is running, that's good, but not if you pause the replay. You cannot save the current TG or subtone. You have to delete or leave the whole block of 100 recordings. If you want to repeat the 100th recording and you wait too long it ends the review and you have to start from number 1 again. The recordings have no timestamp, the display indicate the current time only.

Whistler have all the features you'll ever want in both the scanner and EZscan when it comes to recordings and replay.

/Ubbe

Nysff

Yes, Unidens replay function leaves much to be desired. You can actually do a lockout while the replay is running, that's good, but not if you pause the replay. You cannot save the current TG or subtone. You have to delete or leave the whole block of 100 recordings. If you want to repeat the 100th recording and you wait too long it ends the review and you have to start from number 1 again. The recordings have no timestamp, the display indicate the current time only.

Whistler have all the features you'll ever want in both the scanner and EZscan when it comes to recordings and replay.

/Ubbe

Thats Wonderful but some of us would buy nothing else but Uniden.
Just like you have Chevy lovers vs Ford. Its the brand we are dedicated to!

Ubbe

If you only use Unidens you'll miss a lot. Buy a scanner from each brand to widen your horizon.

But the discussion was about what could be improved, and Uniden needs to improve everything about their record/review function.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.