Audio Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Wondering if someone can help me. I am trying to get my audio settings right for my online feed https://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/6773/web

I have P25 Digital on the Left and VHF on the right. The VHF Seems fine... but the P25 digital I cannot seem to get it right. Its either too low, too high, or like now...muffled.

Im using a Uniden 996XT with the cord plugged into the Ext Speaker port in the back...then into a noise cancellation filter then into the computer.

My question is...

what are optimal settings with the scanner and software? I am using ProScan. Where I get lost is where the slides should be and how many dBs and such vs where the volume should be set on the scanner etc

Sorry for such a long winded question.

Clear as mud?

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Oh goodness yes. I've been battling this for some time. I just I added the noise filters the other day to try an eliminate the white noise when there is no chatter. Those did SFA so that was $40 wasted.

I don't think I have a hardware issue; I just can't seem to find the right balance for software audio vs scanner audio vs computer audio etc

I need some screenshots of setups in which the audio is great so I can try to mirror it

n0nhp

I am using a 996T and found that using the speaker out caused a lot of noise between transmissions. I eliminated most (not all) of the noise by using the pre-amp recording output and making sure the record box is tagged in the programming.
Doing this mutes the audio between transmissions and provides a better level to the computer (make sure the microphone pre-amp is unchecked in the mixer setup).
The down side is that it also defeats the level balancing built into the scanner so the audio can vary between talkgroups and analog channels.

Good luck, with enough experimentation it can be done.

Bruce

Last edited:

Res21cue

Feed Provider
Interesting....

Im actually using a 996T aswel...I thought it was XT until I checked it again today...

I will try this Green Rec Out jack and see what that does. I will have to pull up some programming software to get the Rec turned on for all the Talkgroups then will I?

I am using it exclusively for P25 digital. No analog or VHF on this side.

Right now it just sounds so muffled and basey...

I will have to try and find this "Pre Amp" setting or something in Windows. I feel my audio issue is on that side.

Any chance of a couple screen shots of your settings all around?

Last edited:

n0nhp

Ok here is the programming using ProScan. My feed computer is a customized Win XP machine that is running headless. It only runs the feed. I have gone inside and put a dedicated stereo audio jack on the back panel and am using the CD player audio input to the onboard sound card. That way I don't have to worry about the pre-amp (mic boost) setting on the mic input.
A tool I have found that works well is Audio Level Meter Peak Level Meter.

Bruce

Attachments

• 996t.jpg
    996t.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 71
  • sound.JPG
    sound.JPG
    32.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Slider.JPG
    Slider.JPG
    31.6 KB · Views: 68
Last edited: