Winnsboro Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

WINNSBORO1

uDoes anyone know what the new P25 talkgroups is for Winnsboero PUblic Safety in Fairfield County?

w4wja

I too would like to know when RR will update Fairfield Co. and Winnsboro. They list 2 updates for the sheriffs dept. and they have 4 channels plus the ambulance service and co. volunteer fire depts. have changed. I receive sheriff dispatch but no longer hear amb. and fire.

WINNSBORO1

FAirfield COUnty

The ambulance service and co. volunteer fire depts. have changed to the Rock Communications UHF Nexedge system. Fire is no longer on Vhf and the Ambulance service is no longer on the conventional UHF.

w4wja

Thanks for the info. I will see if I can find that on Radio Reference, but so far they do not list changes for town and Co.

Last edited:

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
The information contained in the RadioReference database is provided by hobbyists like you who search, listen and identify new frequencies and talkgroups. The database will be updated when someone submits the data.

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
A general statement -

It's a common misconception that RadioReference admins and "employees" supply all the data in the database. And that they provide all of the live audio feeds on Broadcastify. As if there is some big corporate machine behind the scenes that magically obtains and publishes all of this radio data. And that it's just a matter of time before all of the data is published. That's not the case at all.

All the the database data and live audio feeds are provided by unpaid hobbyists. Sometimes, those hobbyists are people that happen to work for agencies that have access to "raw" data. They sometimes take risks in sharing that data with us. Rarely, the agencies themselves share data with us. Mostly, it is regular folks like you and me that use the various tools and software to gather the data ourselves. I myself am a volunteer (not paid) admin who takes submitted data and formats it and posts it to the database. I submit my share of data that I gather myself, but most is submitted by others. We are fortunate to have a pretty good group of active hobbyists in SC to help put the pieces together.

The scanner manufacturers depend on this arrangement to give their customers - people who buy scanners - easy access to the database data. You could gather data own your own and have the attitude that "I found this data, it's mine, I'm not sharing it for free because it's valuable and someone should pay me for it." Unfortunately, quite a few hobbyists have that attitude. My response to this is, "this is a hobby." We share data with others for the enjoyment and perpetuation of the hobby, to aid our fellow hobbyists when they visit or move to our area and seek radio data. What goes around comes around, and eventually you will make use of data that someone else submitted.

As for data being "owned" by someone else, it is not allowed to rip data off someone else's published website (or booklet, CD, etc) and submit it to RR. But there is nothing stopping anyone, with their own radios and computers and knowledge, to research systems and frequencies in an area, generate their own data, and submit it. That is perfectly valid and appropriate.

So to those that are waiting around for data to be posted for a particular agency, my request to you is - learn how to use your scanner as a search tool, and put forth a little effort to find new frequencies and talkgroups. Or submit corrections to data that is inaccurate. This will make the database more valuable to you and for everyone else. It's fun to just download and listen to the channels we post in the database, but with a little effort, it's very satisfying to verify, document and submit data you find yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.