Visiting Weehawken area, seek advice on Statewide Freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD1OW

Premium Subscriber
I live in Maine, but often visit relatives in Weehawken.

I will be visiting again around Thanksgiving and would like to do some scanning while there. I easily scan local NJ and NYC frequencies, but would like to add NJ and NY State Police and Interop to my lists.

Can someone in the area tell me which sites to program for this area? Programming them all via download takes up too much memory!

I will be using the RS Pro 652.

Any advice from the Hudson County area would be welcome.

Dave
KD1OW

Hi Dave,

You don't mention what you like listening to.

To start, the database is your friend. Weehawken should be accurate in it.

Weehawken is served by North Hudson Regional Fire and Rescue. That's in the Hudson County section along with Weehawken. So is Jersey City Medical Center which runs ALS paramedics in the region, and when needed by the Weehawken Volunteer First Aid Squad.

The Port Authority operates the Lincoln Tunnel, so there's that. NYC is literally across the river. Your neighboring towns are Hoboken, Union City, West New York, North Bergen, and Guttenberg. Also, Jersey City. So, that's the local stuff.

NJSP is in the database, too, but that would be further out.

Hope you have a good time.

KD1OW

Premium Subscriber
Thanks,

Yes the database is wonderful, and have given me many hours of listening. The State Police channels and the interop channels are a challenge to me. When I let the database add them automatically to the Pro 652, it adds all sites, taking lots of memory. I know most of them are out of range, so I could not hear them anyway. I am hoping to use the memory sparingly.
The database is perfect for everything else. Union City is Phase II, my Pro 652 only gets Phase 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.