Santa Rosa Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

jappee707

I am in Bennet Valley, the line of the Tubbs fire in Santa Rosa, California. I am having problems with which frequencies/agencies i should have entered in my scanner to monitor the fire efforts. They quit discussing their efforts on the local fire channels days ago and i am in the dark now. All i am hearing is evacuation efforts and the standard police chatter for lootings. I am interested in the fire supression efforts, and movements.

Any one know who(m)/what agencies i need to monitor? Cal fire? etc.
Also any freq's for Air traffic related to fire efforts.

any help is appreciated.
Also Apologies if i am posting in the wrong forum. some direction towards the right one is also welcome.

TIA
Jappee

Radio Shack Pro-107 w/ ISCAN

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
For some reason this did not post earlier.

I see that you are using a Pro-107 scanner. After reviewing the county where you reside, I would imagine some of the activity has moved to various interop channels. With you radio, you won't be able to hear anything marked with "NAC." But, you might get lucky with the others. https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=7742

kma371

QRT
I am in Bennet Valley, the line of the Tubbs fire in Santa Rosa, California. I am having problems with which frequencies/agencies i should have entered in my scanner to monitor the fire efforts. They quit discussing their efforts on the local fire channels days ago and i am in the dark now. All i am hearing is evacuation efforts and the standard police chatter for lootings. I am interested in the fire supression efforts, and movements.

Any one know who(m)/what agencies i need to monitor? Cal fire? etc.
Also any freq's for Air traffic related to fire efforts.

any help is appreciated.
Also Apologies if i am posting in the wrong forum. some direction towards the right one is also welcome.

TIA
Jappee

Radio Shack Pro-107 w/ ISCAN

Try the Tac channels for CAL FIRE. They are listed in the database. Same for the air tacs.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
A lot of frequencies are being used for the different fires (really scraping the bottom of the barrel). If you are in Bennett Valley you are being impacted by the Adobe fire. This is part of the southern complex, branch 1. See ICS-205.

Attachments

• ICS-205.jpg
    ICS-205.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 512

stingray327

Cal Fire, United States Forest Service, National Interagency Fire Center-USA (lots of Air traffic) Office of Emergency Services, CHP, California Multi-Agency Radio System (CMARS), Military OPS, and Sonoma Co. local freqs for fire and Sheriff's Office.
Same goes for Napa Co. from local to state to federal freqs. (Same as above Sonoma Co.)

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Sonoma & Napa Co Fires

It depends on the specifics of you want to hear. I have just about everything programmed for the area, and I am hearing lots of traffic here in the Sacramento area.

I'd start with CHP; BLUE, GRAPE, EMERALD.
SONOMA SHERIFF & FIRE DISPATCH
CalFire -- Yeah they have a lot of channels, but this is a huge event.
NAPA CO SHERIFF & FIRE
If local to you, Napa city PD & Fire

If you're on the southern edge, Solano county is good to have.
If you're on the northern edge, Mendocino county is good to have.

norcalscan

Interoperating Spurious Emissions
Premium Subscriber
Assuming you are Bennett Valley Road, between Santa Rosa and Glen Ellen, as of Friday 13th, you are identified on the fire as the following (working largest area to smallest):
Central Complex -> Sonoma/South Zone -> Branch 21 -> and then either...
Division DD (northern 2/3rd of Bennett Valley Road and all of Annadel St Park)
Division CC (southern third of Bennett Valley Rd near Warm Springs Rd)
Division LL (the spot fire near Crane Canyon Road)

Fire Aircraft
Sonoma/South Air Attack 167.550
Helicopters 119.175
Air Ground Command 159.3325
Air Ground Tactical 169.0875

Fire Com Plan
Command Net Primary 151.250 (tone 103.5) - CDF Cmd 6
Command Net Secondary 151.460 (tone 136.5) - CDF LNU West
Div DD 151.3925 (tone 192.8)
Div CC 154.4525 (tone 156.7)
Div LL 154.265 (tone 156.7)

I have no intel on the Law side of things. Others have posted many suggestions.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
A lot of frequencies are being used for the different fires (really scraping the bottom of the barrel). If you are in Bennett Valley you are being impacted by the Adobe fire. This is part of the southern complex, branch 1. See ICS-205.

Are those ICS-205 forms publicly available? I saw blank forms from FEMA, but not any filled-out ones for active incidents, either from CalFire or OES.
Wondering where I can see the active incident forms for future reference.

Thanks!

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Are those ICS-205 forms publicly available? I saw blank forms from FEMA, but not any filled-out ones for active incidents, either from CalFire or OES.
Wondering where I can see the active incident forms for future reference.

Thanks!
Not generally available but members on this forum are good at posting info:

http://hotlist.wildlandfire.com/forum.php?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

norcalscan

Premium Subscriber
Another command net is 154.220 OES 2B. Another air to ground command 151.3775.

OES2B 154.220 is for the Southern Complex, which is just the Atlas Fire now near Napa.
151.3775 is Air/Ground Command for the North Zone of Central Complex, which is Pocket and Tubbs. OP's fire is in the Sonoma/South Zone.

The freqs I posted are for the Central Complex and specifically the areas that affect the OP along Bennett Valley Road. It might not be good idea to add two additional very busy frequencies to the scanner that don't pertain to any fire near the OP. They might miss important local info.

As a scanner listener not in direct danger of any fire, by all means listen to everything we can, but for those still in the path, it's usually important to focus on just what's around you.

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
OES2B 154.220 is for the Southern Complex, which is just the Atlas Fire now near Napa.
151.3775 is Air/Ground Command for the North Zone of Central Complex, which is Pocket and Tubbs. OP's fire is in the Sonoma/South Zone.

The freqs I posted are for the Central Complex and specifically the areas that affect the OP along Bennett Valley Road. It might not be good idea to add two additional very busy frequencies to the scanner that don't pertain to any fire near the OP. They might miss important local info.

As a scanner listener not in direct danger of any fire, by all means listen to everything we can, but for those still in the path, it's usually important to focus on just what's around you.
I agree and disagree. OES 2B was being used by all, Pocket fire to Atlas using three sites (St Helena, Vaca, and Sugarloaf) along with LNU W. 151.3775 air/gnd was in use for the South (listened as the VLAT flew over, whee!) The OP is now in the central zone.

LNU E, LNU W and XNA are off command duties for this incident for now.

My observation, this is nuts. Every morning brings a new line up on the 205's. Radio assignments change radically each morning, along with with the zones and branches. As a radio guy I should know this but find it hard to keep up.

For the listener that has the inner scoop on things, all well and good. Otherwise plug it all in and pick out what pertains to you.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
So sign up, it's free.

Tacs have been stable but commands keep jumping around.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

norcalscan

Premium Subscriber
I agree and disagree. OES 2B was being used by all, Pocket fire to Atlas using three sites (St Helena, Vaca, and Sugarloaf) along with LNU W. 151.3775 air/gnd was in use for the South (listened as the VLAT flew over, whee!) The OP is now in the central zone.

LNU E, LNU W and XNA are off command duties for this incident for now.

My observation, this is nuts. Every morning brings a new line up on the 205's. Radio assignments change radically each morning, along with with the zones and branches. As a radio guy I should know this but find it hard to keep up.

Good grief that does sound like a mess. I know they had three complexes worth of fires spring up in one night in the general realm of one calfire unit, and considering the time it took for the ICS structure to scale that large, the comm side of it probably couldn't scale that fast. I'm shocked the OES2B was even utilized so early because those are politically well-protected by the OES fire chief and often forgotten about locally. So kudos to the COML or ECC that found that and burnt the dust off those heatsinks going from zero to 100% duty cycle in 60 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.