• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Out of range?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRush311

Premium Subscriber
Unication G5 here
what is the issue with monitoring 700 frequencies?
there are 2 systems near me
Charlotte UASI and NC VIPER(shp)

UASI I can pick up all the simulcast counties but stanly county will not pick up even if I drive into the county
its a 700mhz freq

NC VIPER I can pick up all the towers except again the 700 freqs

whats the weird issue here? its not a distance issue because I have travelled well within range
the only thing in common is the 700 freqs
all the other towers and counties are easily picked up from my home

JRush311

Premium Subscriber
frequencies that wont work are outlined

Attachments

• freq.jpg
    freq.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 766
  • freq2.jpg
    freq2.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 762

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Out of Range? Unication

IN the PPS. Step #2 under P25 Trunking System Setting you should re-check your WACN ID, System ID and under SITE list double clicked* you need to review the RFSS ID and SITE ID. Of course under Control CH list, review that the correct CChannels are listed.

JRush311

Premium Subscriber
everything is entered correctly
I double checked and copied the numbers directly from RR database
they work great in all the other counties
and the non 700 freq on viper system
its always the 760-799 numbers that wont work right

IM in Union County NC if you need to view the database

Attachments

• 1111.jpg
    1111.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 786
  • 222222.jpg
    222222.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 819
  • 3333.jpg
    3333.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 817

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Look at your 3333.jpg and change 11 to B. Let me know if that solves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JRush311

Premium Subscriber
Look at your 3333.jpg and change 11 to B. Let me know if that solves it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot I’ll try it when I get home
Very odd that the others work being listed as the appropriate number
I think you’re onto something tho

troymail

Silent Key
Hex vs. decimal has caught me a few times -- and I really should know better. Other times, I found RFSS/site data on RRDB to be incorrect.

If that doesn't work, try FF (wildcard) fir RFSS and site values.

I have several VIPER sites around me that work equally well/poor on the Unication including a 700 Mhz site.

G4guy5891

G4 out of range overnight

Has anyone experienced your G4 going out of range on a system that was previously working?
I did not make any changes to programming but now York County, SC is showing out of range??
I have not traveled out of the coverage area for this system. Any suggestions?

KM4WLV

Has anyone experienced your G4 going out of range on a system that was previously working?
I did not make any changes to programming but now York County, SC is showing out of range??
I have not traveled out of the coverage area for this system. Any suggestions?

Do you have both the primary control channels and alternate control channels programmed into the pager? If not it's possible the control channel could have rolled to one of the alternates and that's why you're getting the OOR indication

troymail

Silent Key
Do you have both the primary control channels and alternate control channels programmed into the pager? If not it's possible the control channel could have rolled to one of the alternates and that's why you're getting the OOR indication

Yup - control channel frequencies are the obvious thing to check.... things do change from time to time - particularly in the data posted on RR since it relies upon locals to find and submit information on a volunteer basis.

Not sure what the rest of your programming looks like but I also encountered issues with other system characteristics/settings that changed - not that this is what happened in your case.

I was traveling checking out systems in other areas (York PA) and getting "Out of Range". Turns out, in at least this one case, the information posted on RRDB for site Ids was old or bad - once I fixed that, the Out Of Range went away. For the most part, settings like RFSS and SiteIds are not something most users care about so if/when they change, it isn't likely to get updated.

Beyond that - as recently as yesterday - I was seeing a "flash" of red on the bottom of the G5 display at the end of nearly every voice call. As I looked more closely, for reasons still unknown to me, the red was a "Out Of Range" message which made no sense since I was monitoring the site. I have no idea why this was happening...

G4guy5891

After entering all control frequencies for York Co. the red “flash” was still appearing. Only after changing the site ID from 1 to wildcard “FF” did the signal appear and voice calls resumed! Does anyone know how to verify the correct site ID for a system?

KM4WLV

After entering all control frequencies for York Co. the red “flash” was still appearing. Only after changing the site ID from 1 to wildcard “FF” did the signal appear and voice calls resumed! Does anyone know how to verify the correct site ID for a system?

When you were programming the pager did you use the information in the DB here as far as frequencies, RFSS ID, Site ID, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.