Mesa Fire cdeck2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdavis0823

I heard mesa fire dispatch say there was apartment fire on cdeck 2 but have not heard any traffic at all on cdeck2?

KB7MIB

I live too far from Mesa to hear the simulcast system. I can only hear the Shaw Butte and Thompson Peak IR's, and 99% of the time, you will only hear dispatch on those.
If you're listening to the simulcast system, you may have multi-path issues, preventing you from hearing much, if anything, like a lot of people experience, unless you install a directional antenna.
The last possibility would be that it was something minor, like food on a stove, and the incident was recalled.

John
Peoria

sanyoman

Premium Subscriber
Mesa VHF

Mesa, VHF Fire is on the air. They must of changed the dispatch versus TAC. I am getting the dispatch on the TAC I programmed. Does anyone have a updated list.

KB7MIB

What do you mean you're getting dispatch on a tactical channel?

Outside of Mesa FD and the radio techs, we don't know how they're assigning most of the frequencies yet. If dispatch is on 156.2400, then that is most likely going to be the dispatch frequency. Unless they're testing multiple frequencies to see how their coverage is from different frequencies and/or sites.
154.2800 is the common mutual-aid frequency in the Valley, and that is typically assigned to the channel 4 slot in the VHF radios/VHF deck of the multi-band radios. It will most likely be Mesa FD's VHF channel 4 as well.

The licensed frequencies, in ascending order, are:

154.2800 (Mutual-Aid 4)
156.2400 (Currently Dispatch. The DCS is 411, I can hear it here in Peoria.)

Just because 151.1675 is the lowest frequency, doesn't mean that it's going to be used for dispatch. Phoenix's lowest frequency is 151.3700, and that's channel 10, not channel 1.

We the listeners have to figure out what the programming is going to be, because it's unlikely that anyone with Mesa FD/TOPAZ RWC is going to come on here and give it to us.

John
Peoria

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.