PCWIN Mobile Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

radio10-8

What antennas are you using to monitor PCWIN (TPD and PCSD)

I am using a PRO668 to monitor PCSD and TPD. I have a 400 mhz external whip antenna that I cut to 800 MHZ length and that has been a good compromise, I was thinking of buy a Motorola HAF4013A Antenna 800 MHz 3dB Gain Low-Profile 762-870. I think this the antenna I see on the PCWIN equipped cars.

What results have you have and any suggestions to improve reception?

Thanks.

cmdrwill

Save your money, the 1/4 wave whip is WAY better than those 'salt shakers'. Why, when you 'fold' the antenna to fit inside the salt shaker, the efficiency goes to hell.

Get a 800 gain if you need more, like this.

Attachments

• A1183a.jpg
    A1183a.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 122

kd7eir

Save your money, the 1/4 wave whip is WAY better than those 'salt shakers'. Why, when you 'fold' the antenna to fit inside the salt shaker, the efficiency goes to hell.

Get a 800 gain if you need more, like this.

You are dead wrong about that antenna. It's a very efficient 3db gain over a 1/4 wave antenna

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have used a Laird TRAB7603 760-870 MHz phantom antenna for over six years with excellent success. The Phantom antenna provides low visibility with a wide bandwidth and low angle radiation pattern that can produce results superior to many high gain antennas. It works better than the high gain antennas I tried. It worked so well I put it on a mag mount and use it inside the back deck of my leased car and it still works great.

Status
Not open for further replies.