• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Antenna Replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

tekrsq

I have several Motorola MT351r's and MS350r's that we use for various outdoor activities. The rubber antenna's on a few have broken. Otherwise the radios are fine. I've tried everything I can find to glue them back together, but it only holds for a little while. Is there anywhere to find the replacement antenna rubber sheaths ? I'd even be happy just finding a few junk radios for parts as long as the antennas were good.

KD8DVR

I have several Motorola MT351r's and MS350r's that we use for various outdoor activities. The rubber antenna's on a few have broken. Otherwise the radios are fine. I've tried everything I can find to glue them back together, but it only holds for a little while. Is there anywhere to find the replacement antenna rubber sheaths ? I'd even be happy just finding a few junk radios for parts as long as the antennas were good.

Getting a replacement will be hard. FCC rules don't allow for a removable antenna, so replacement may be difficult, without knowledge of radio repair.

tekrsq

Yeah, I get that, but I'm not looking to actually replace the antenna. The outer rubber covering that slides over the antenna wire is what I need. Once you split the radio, it simply slides off the antenna, and another can be put on.

Thanks

lmrtek

Yeah, I get that, but I'm not looking to actually replace the antenna. The outer rubber covering that slides over the antenna wire is what I need. Once you split the radio, it simply slides off the antenna, and another can be put on.

Thanks

if nothing else can be found, try some heat shrink tubing

jeepsandradios

Feed Provider
You may be abll to find a part number and order the sleve from Motorola. May be a challenge but I have ordered other odd parts only that others said you could not get. The trick is finding a true service repair manual on the radio.

tekrsq

Funny you guys should mention the heat shrink. I had never thought about it, but a friend said the same thing the other day. I super glued the sleeve again, and put heat shrink around it. It seems to be very strong. Hopefully it'll hold. In fact, I think I'm going to put a piece of heat shrink around the rest of the antennas as an extra level of protection. I've got 10 of these radios.

Does anybody know where to get a service manual or parts manual for these radios ? I'm just getting the run around from Motorola.

THANKS for all the info guys !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.