• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Anytone AT-D868UV Dual Band DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Facebook won't let me see the Connect Systems thread since I'm not a member.

You mentioned that the D868 has a few bugs that are being worked on... are any of them "deal-killers"? Does this also mean that the rig's firmware can be upgraded once the bugs are fixed? I haven't seen any mention about the firmware in any of the ads/spec sheets or in the manual (found on-line).

-John

Last edited:

pastormg2

I am getting very frustrated with this radio!!!! For some reason there are times when you use the channel selector that the radio freezes. The last thing that is on the screen stays there. Even when you turn the radio off, it stays there. The only way to get rid of it is to remove the battery, turn it back on again and do a complete system reset. I had to do this 3 times last evening!

Plus, it has happened before also. I wrote Powerwerx and hoping that they will be able to shed some light on this radio. I like it when it works. But that is few and far between. I only have 7 memories allocated for channels. Unless the user directory that I have loaded is causing issues. Has anyone else had a similar experience with this radio?

If you have, please let me know how you solved it. If worse comes to worse, I will look for a DMR radio that is more user friendly and reliable!
Mark Griffin, KB3Z

grahampaull

I am getting very frustrated with this radio!!!!

I have lost all love for my Anytone. Between crashes, missing lots of digital conversations and digital monitor simply not working I have given up hope.. Anytone Support is complete boll*x and simply non-existent unless you are in bed with them being a supplier.

Shame, back to the RT-82 I go.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
Chief21,

There are a couple of other threads discussing this radio. It does have its issues which are slowly being worked out. The current CPS1.25 and Firmware 2.25 are much better now than back in Oct/Nov timeframe. Firmware is easily upgradable. They have the primary upgrade path into the radio and a secondary path that was used to fix a time slot bleed over issue. I thought it was unusual to have two paths into the radio and it seems like they were thinking ahead during the design phase.

The one thing I have noticed is it don't like weak signals, short key ups and/or interruptions to the data stream like swapping antenna in the middle of a QSO. I put sma to bnc adaptors on my HTs so its easy to change antennas.

A few have been having significant issues with the radio. Unclear at this time why.

Current I know in CPS1.25 the Digital Contact tool is broken on import. It will not import what it just exported. The internal file structure was revamped recently and it looks like not all of the bugs have been fixed.

grahampaull,

Have you considered posting your codeplug for others to look at and see if something in the layout could be a problem?

Mike

Last edited:

grahampaull

Chief21,

There are a couple of other threads discussing this radio. It does have its issues which are slowly being worked out. The current CPS1.25 and Firmware 2.25 are much better now than back in Oct/Nov timeframe. Firmware is easily upgradable. They have the primary upgrade path into the radio and a secondary path that was used to fix a time slot bleed over issue. I thought it was unusual to have two paths into the radio and it seems like they were thinking ahead during the design phase.

The one thing I have noticed is it don't like weak signals, short key ups and/or interruptions to the data stream like swapping antenna in the middle of a QSO. I put sma to bnc adaptors on my HTs so its easy to change antennas.

A few have been having significant issues with the radio. Unclear at this time why.

Current I know in CPS1.25 the Digital Contact tool is broken on import. It will not import what it just exported. The internal file structure was revamped recently and it looks like not all of the bugs have been fixed.

grahampaull,

Have you considered posting your codeplug for others to look at and see if something in the layout could be a problem?

Mike
Mcscanner, I posted the code plug to Gerry on the AnytoneDMR telegram group but other than suggesting to change the Scan Type from CO to SE and turning up my volume (not sure if he was joking) I got nothing else.

The supplier I bought the radio off is no longer trading so I am stuck with it unfortunately. I have an RT-82 which to me at the moment if the superior radio compared to MY anytone.

I do have a feeling there are some QA issues arsing with these radios as I have seen a few others mention my exact issue without a fix.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
grahampaull,
He may have been serious about the volume.

Optional Settings-->Other-->Max Volume

Added to address issue with volume control range all at the high end. (always loud) I set mine at "2" Its a course adjustment for setting the range of the volume knob.

Scanna,
Yes its fixed.

On CSI site for the 868 its the Baseband Version, dated 12-21-17. CSI states product shipped after that date will have the update. It can be done by the user, but has a very different instruction set to do it. Instruction provided.

Mike

Last edited:

grahampaull

grahampaull,
He may have been serious about the volume.

Optional Settings-->Other-->Max Volume

Added to address issue with volume control range all at the high end. (always loud) I set mine at "2" Its a course adjustment for setting the range of the volume knob.

I tried the volume just in case, still no change, Simplex DMR and Analog work perfect, audio is loud and clear.

When I save a Digital Channel with the correct TG, CC and TS etc it works a lot better, i get 80% of conversations but every now and again I get no audio.

When in VFO Mode using Digital monitor I get maybe 5% or less of a conversation, there is no audio 95% of the time.

I have noticed a few others on a few other sites and forums are starting to have the same issue so there is definitely a QA issue starting to come up but not widespread enough for Anytone to notice. I have no idea how to get in touch with Anytone to show them the issue, I have taken videos of the issue as it can be hard to explain what is happening. Gerry in the AnytoneDMR Telegram group has asked me to make a video of the issue with commentary so i will get that done later this evening to show the issue. I think you seen my previous videos on this : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Oh_bqzeUvc | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QPyT3bOPR0 | https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BB6MXiySQk , https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4q2UAT1fvU and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch6UqyTP21Q&feature=youtu.be

SonicN

I am getting very frustrated with this radio!!!! For some reason there are times when you use the channel selector that the radio freezes. The last thing that is on the screen stays there. Even when you turn the radio off, it stays there. The only way to get rid of it is to remove the battery, turn it back on again and do a complete system reset. I had to do this 3 times last evening!

Plus, it has happened before also. I wrote Powerwerx and hoping that they will be able to shed some light on this radio. I like it when it works. But that is few and far between. I only have 7 memories allocated for channels. Unless the user directory that I have loaded is causing issues. Has anyone else had a similar experience with this radio?

If you have, please let me know how you solved it. If worse comes to worse, I will look for a DMR radio that is more user friendly and reliable!
Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Mine just came to my door this evening by DHL, and I could wait to get man hands on it. Big disappointment when the radio froze, and even turning it off wouldn’t get the display to turn off. Has all the same problems as you telling about. But for me the radio freezes every time I get my code plug into it. But if I leave the radio as it was when it came.. with just a few programmed channels, it’s all good. And I can do anything when I program it. As long as I am not using the channel selector ...... so there is a setttinf or something made in the cps that is causing this.. but I don’t know what yet..

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
F/W 2.25 and CPS 1.25 have some issues. It will not let you import any files such as the DMR contact list. You can use older F/W or wait for updated to be released. I read that there should be a new release very soon.
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.