DMR----GPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

bee

While scanning the full database, will the GPS select DMR channels as you travel?

Or do I have to program the DMR channels in a favorites list for a certain area?

I don't have DMR yet.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
DMR channels and systems are like any other channel and system with regards to GPS. If it's in the RR database (and you're scanning the full database), they will be selected in the same manner as any other channel or system.

Since you "don't have DMR yet," your scanner will not decode those channels/systems regardless if you are scanning the full database or custom favorites lists.

troymail

Silent Key
Just keep in mind that if there is any DMR in a given area, the "range" of those systems is typically much smaller than a typical public safety system (with some exceptions).

For example, I recently submitted a new DMR system for business in my area. I provided the location but not the range to the RRDB admins and they set the range to 2 miles. I think the system has a slight better coverage than that but it gives you the sense of typical DMR system coverage (again, with exception of fleet providers/resellers that cover larger regions and a few others).

phask

Premium Subscriber
You may also find a lack of data, it all depends on submissions and in a lot of areas there may be few.

Status
Not open for further replies.