Question regarding unit designations

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7MIB

On the Phoenix FD online CAD page, I see that several units are at the Lost Lake festival at Steele Indian School Park.

They're operating on encrypted interoperability TG H-deck 10, so we can't listen to them.

The units working include:
E55+
DB1 (Diamondbacks 1?)
HD13 (What unit is this? There's also an HD141 at the Autumn Fest in Anthem on K-2.)
IMTDIV (Incident Management Team, Division?)
Truck 5 (Phoenix doesn't designate its ladder companies as trucks, so what kind of unit is this?)
MC1-4 (Medic Cart 1-4)

So, I'm just wondering about some of those units above.

John
Peoria

scannerizer

Premium Subscriber
On the Phoenix FD online CAD page, I see that several units are at the Lost Lake festival at Steele Indian School Park.

They're operating on encrypted interoperability TG H-deck 10, so we can't listen to them.

E55+
DB1 (Diamondbacks 1?)
HD13 (What unit is this? There's also an HD141 at the Autumn Fest in Anthem on K-2.)
Truck 5 (Phoenix doesn't designate its ladder companies as trucks, so what kind of unit is this?)
MC1-4 (Medic Cart 1-4)

John
Peoria

E55 is definitely a Phoenix Company, but I don’t know what the “+” represents. I never heard of these units beforeTruck 5 may be from outside the valley.

troymail

Silent Key
Some older CAD systems I am aware of use things like '-' and '+' to visually denote special capabilities (or lack of)... as an example - rescue tools, ALS provider/equipment, etc.

I can't speak for you specific area however.

KB7MIB

The + indicates it's an ALS unit. That I do know :) And I know what the medic carts are. I'm pretty sure DB1 is the is the unit that usually works at Diamondbacks home games. It's the others that I don't know.

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

The type 6 brush trucks would be designated BR. I don't think Phoenix has any type 3 wildland engines at all. Rural/Metro FD might, and I think Circle City-Morristown FD and Wickenburg FD does. Otherwise they're limited to the State, Tonto NF, and the BLM in the Phoenix metro area.

John
Peoria

WIS262

E55+
DB1 (Diamondbacks 1?)
MC1-4 (Medic Cart 1-4)

John
Peoria

E55+ is a new engine Phoenix is putting in service. The ‘+’ represents that he is ALS. A ‘-‘ represents PLS or ILS, and no indication indicates BLS or no life support capabilities.

DB1 is the Rescue for chase field. Also used for other special events. Other special event Rescues include USA1 and Fair1.

HD13 is Homeland Defense aka Fire Department TLO
HD141 in DSY is the CERT Team.

IMTDIV. You are correct. An MCT associated with the Incident Management Team.

TRUCK & TRUCK1-5 are dummy units or place holders for CAD to keep a call open when there isn’t a unit assigned to the incident.

MC is for medic cart.

Status
Not open for further replies.