Pasco trunking system

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Go4pizza

Has anyone noticed that the simulcasting system that Pasco uses it is difficult to receive in the past few months? I used to be able to receive it without difficulty using a 800 megahertz rubber duck and it come and goes. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tampatracker

First off welcome to the RR forums. Yes, I have noticed much spottier reception on Pasco from here in Tampa. I thought at first that it was my radio, a 436, had lost some of it's sensitivity (It got dropped not too long ago), and then I noticed Manatee Edacks was not coming in so well either. My initial thought on the Pasco issue was maybe on of their repeaters near me had gone down or the power had been reduced. But now that you mention it maybe it isn't just on my end. If you don't mind me asking how close are you to Pasco Co?

G

Go4pizza

I am in Pasco:) on the border of Hillsborough

ngel

Pasco system

I am in Pasco using TRX-1. The system comes in crystal clear for me, but I am near the Government center where one of the towers are located.

Just a thought, maybe they have taken something offline in preparation for the P25 phase II system scheduled to come online soon. I have seen twitter posts from them showing pictures of the new towers/sites they are assembling around the county. I want to say they are adding up to 4 or more additional sites for better coverage. I know one will be in Wesley Chapel and another SR 52 area.

G

Go4pizza

I am in Pasco using TRX-1. The system comes in crystal clear for me, but I am near the Government center where one of the towers are located.

Just a thought, maybe they have taken something offline in preparation for the P25 phase II system scheduled to come online soon. I have seen twitter posts from them showing pictures of the new towers/sites they are assembling around the county. I want to say they are adding up to 4 or more additional sites for better coverage. I know one will be in Wesley Chapel and another SR 52 area.

Thanks for the info that would make sense because I use to be able to receive it no problem and now it drops out.

G

Go4pizza

Has anyone heard anything about when the P 25 system is going to come online ? I have researched iand cannot find a projected timeline anywhere. Thank you advance

sanman1960

Pasco P25

Radios are installed and portables being programmed to knob control instead of keyboard. Towers going in so maybe this time next year. Unfortunately it will be encrypted.

G

Go4pizza

Thanks for the information... The encryption part is unfortunate but understandable do you think anything will be in the clear or will the from the encrypted??

ngel

P25

The radios they will have will be encryption capable as described by all literature I have seen on their new system and as normal for P25 systems. I doubt everything will be encrypted. Some of all of sherrif most likely will be encrypted as throughout the years several people have tried to stream them and were asked to take the feeds down by the sheriff office themselves. However if you look at Pinellas and Clearwater they both have most operations in the clear. Even Clearwater was initially all encrypted but went back to clear after people complained. I highly doubt FD and public works etc... will be encrypted. Very few FDs across the country have gone encrypted. People do like to spread misinformation and bottom line is no one will know for sure until the system is up.

sanman1960

Pasco P25

Sorry, I am only talking about Pasco County Fire Rescue being encrypted. Not sure about the rest of the county dept.'s. Could it change ? Possibly, but that is the plan at this point.

ngel

Encryption

I am just curious , how did you get your information about encryption, and what leads you to believe that the county will have a completely encrypted system?

I know people that work there on fire rescue and so far there has been no mention of encryption. Again yes i would expect some encryption or full encryption on SO channels, but not surprising.

sanman1960

Pasco P25

I work there and i asked Dennis at radio since i am a 44 year tampa bay area scanner listener.

Status
Not open for further replies.