St charles county, mo

Status
Not open for further replies.

maspeno

New user, basis question. Using a ws1065, county using p25 system II. I know 1065 only able to decode P25 system I. From what I can tell I should not be able to hear anything. But I am able to monitor 155.445 fire/ema dispatch. I can also hear partial 800kHz talk group sound like lake st louis or western county transmitions. Why can I hear these freqs?,

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
You can hear 154.445 MHz because they are still using it.

You can hear the P25 transmissions because the are using FDMA (Phase 1) mode. It is noted under the Misc System Information, and by the D under the Mode column.

SLATER system is Phase II ready and broadcasts or advertises Phase II channel slots but all talkgroups are only using Phase I.

A Phase 2 system does not always require a Phase 2 scanner to monitor if they operate in FDMA mode. Note that anything with an E in the Mode column means that it is encrypted and cannot be monitored.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Do I have the right scanner ws 1065 for st charles county, mo
If so I will keep trying.

It should work as long as they don't switch modes. You might run into issues with simulcast. There are tons of topics around the forums if you want to read up on the problem.

Even if the system uses Phase II as long as at least 1 Phase I radio is affiliating with that channel all transmissions will be in Phase I.

As long as the system administrators have purchased the optional feature and actually use it. I believe standard operation without this feature is to fix talkgroups to a specific mode.

teufler

Welcome to scanning in st charles cty mo. Your scanner will work fine. Even though RR says type 2, st charles cty is still type 1. State police is type 1, st louis cty is gone "hush hush", about 95% encrypted. LINCOLN cTY AND wARREN cTY ARE normal analog. Jeff Cty is encrypted.

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
Any tips for scanning inside St. Louis city? I currently listen to MOSWIN (STL North, STL South), the trains, and ham radio repeaters. No luck picking up SLATER.

Anything else I could try to pick up from the Tower Grove Park neighborhood?

Thanks.

maspeno

Scanner ws1065 multi-site mode question

I got the freqs added, the trunk groups added and am hearing many calls. Sounds like I'm a little behind each transmission. Seems like simulcast is causing the problem.

Seems like multi-site settings need some tweaking. On the ws1065 it seems like I should be able to identify the known control channels.

Any body got an idea where? And how?

Status
Not open for further replies.