UBCD3600XLT changing frequencies itself

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasejoSK

Greetings for all from Slovakia.
I am experiencing (at least for me) interesting problem with my Uniden UBCD3600XLT. At some specific frequencies, the scanner seems to change the frequency by itself.
For programming I use ARC536 Pro and when I upload to the scanner, I chceck the data is OK with Sentinel. On both, the stored frequency is correct, but when I turn the scanner on, frequency changes itself to different one mostly by 5 kHz.
I am dealing with this at some specific frequencies such as 136.380 AM (is changed to 136.375 by scanner) or 135.555 AM (is changed to 135.550 by scanner).
Even direct editing in the scanner doesn't help, I input the correct frequency and scanner stores incorrect one.
Anyone experiencing such a problem? Thank you in advance.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Your band defaults control the stored frequency value. If the frequency step is set for 12.5KHz, then all frequencies entered will be stored as the nearest even multiple of 12.5KHz. Either the frequencies you are entering are wrong and the scanner is correcting them, or you need to change the step size in the band defaults to match what is actually being used in your country.

jasejoSK

Your band defaults control the stored frequency value. If the frequency step is set for 12.5KHz, then all frequencies entered will be stored as the nearest even multiple of 12.5KHz. Either the frequencies you are entering are wrong and the scanner is correcting them, or you need to change the step size in the band defaults to match what is actually being used in your country.

Tried changing band default step but no change with the problem. It seems that it doesn't matter if the band default step is set to 5; 8.33 or 25 kHz, the scanner keeps changing 136.380 AM to 136.375 AM and 135.555 AM to 135.550 AM.
Any other suggestions?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It may be a bug in ARC536 Pro. Try setting the band step size and frequencies from Sentinel instead.

Ubbe

The 5KHz setting works, as well as 10KHz, at least on a 536 I've tested. The band default setting to be changed are the 108.0MHz for the air band. On the older Unidens you set the step size on the channel but now it is moved to a general setting. You can program that 136.380 channel to memory with the 5 or 10KHz setting and then change the band default to 8.33KHz and program other channels and it will not affect channels already stored. Keep in mind that a 5KHz offset on airband are barerly noticable on the reception and I wouldn't worry about it.

/Ubbe

Tried changing band default step but no change with the problem. It seems that it doesn't matter if the band default step is set to 5; 8.33 or 25 kHz, the scanner keeps changing 136.380 AM to 136.375 AM and 135.555 AM to 135.550 AM.
Any other suggestions?

jasejoSK

The 5KHz setting works, as well as 10KHz, at least on a 536 I've tested. The band default setting to be changed are the 108.0MHz for the air band. On the older Unidens you set the step size on the channel but now it is moved to a general setting. You can program that 136.380 channel to memory with the 5 or 10KHz setting and then change the band default to 8.33KHz and program other channels and it will not affect channels already stored. Keep in mind that a 5KHz offset on airband are barerly noticable on the reception and I wouldn't worry about it.

/Ubbe

The UBCD3600XLT is the European almost eqivalent of BCD436HP, so it doesn't have an option of storing channels with step, setting deafult band step is possible only.
Have tried working this around in several ways, but nothing works.

Ubbe

On some old EU Uniden scanners you changed bandplans while starting the scanner and holding down a number key corresponding to the bandplan you wanted. It worked the same way, that channels programmed in memory kept its step size even if you changed bandplan. It seems as Uniden filters the users input using the bandplan and don't allow users to freely enter a stepsize.

Never buy EU models of Unidens, they are always strange with frequencies/step sizes, very few software supports it and you have no updates and no support from Uniden. You are on your own.

/Ubbe

jasejoSK

It seems as Uniden filters the users input using the bandplan and don't allow users to freely enter a stepsize.

/Ubbe

No bandplan selection for UBCD3600XLT (I know it could be done on older models), just one pre-set plan with ability to change default modulation and step.

I think the problem is not regarding to bandplan entirely, though. As I have played around with the settings, channels stored with 8.33 step (for instance 132.8666) or frequencies not matching 25 step (like 132.995 or 134.460) are untouched. Definitely seems like bug to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.