Active and Scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkenny53

436/536 units

I used to be able to program my scanner, and and change items. I use one Profile, and favorites for each thing I want to scan so I have like 52 favorites, this allows me simple interaction to turn on and off systems.
I have a set of Fav's that I want always up and scanning, say 1, 13 12 and 8.
, then toggle them off and on.
But when I add new Fav's, to the profile, all the Fav's are start scanning and I have to toggle each one off.
Is there a way to make sure these are ready to toggle on, but not start scanning after changes in programming.
thanks

greggk

Premium Subscriber
If I understand you correctly, the issue is favorites scanning automatically after you add/change your software.

If using Sentinel, before you download, open the Profile page. You will see all your favorites there. You will also see an option for each favorite to be "on" or "off" when you update the scanner. Another option is to Download each favorite or not. Before you send the new info to your scanner, look at the "monitor" column and pick which favorites you want on or off when you update. Greg

tkenny53

Greg, when I make them on, they all start scanning once it goes to normal scan mode. If I go back and turn them off at the scanner, except for a few, then save it to the computer as W8RMH, says, the next upload resets them all over to the profile setting as all on., and they all scan again. This was after I did the last update. If I select only a few to ON, then I have to go back to the scanner and reset the fav's to on, but then they dont automatically scan, which is fine, but the computer has a different idea.

TK

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
If it was me, I would not tinker with the Download On/Off or Monitor On/Off settings. Dowload Off means the Favorites List won't be written to the scanner, and thus unavailable for scanning. Monitor Off means you'd have to go through several steps on the menu to turn the Favorites List back on.

What I'll do is edit the applicable Profile and go to the Quick Keys Status tab. I'll check the boxes for the Quick Keys associated with those Favorites Lists I want to be on and uncheck those I want to be off. Then I do a write to scanner.

This way, those Favorites Lists Quick Keys are either On or Off by default, saving me the trouble of toggling off those I'm not interested in scanning as a matter of routine. I can still toggle them back on should I want to scan those Favorites Lists.

If a new Favorites List is added, then go to the Quick Keys Status tab and check or uncheck depending if it should be on or off by default.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
TK, sorry I did not get back sooner. If you are using the "download" and "monitor" buttons correctly, as the gentleman said above, then try this. After you make sure you are completely happy with your Sentinel Settings, then before updating your scanner click the button that says "Erase Favorites List on scanner." As you do the new update to the scanner it will write ALL your current settings. (You are not copying from the scanner to your software/Sentinel I hope)

Don't know if this will fix it, but I'm still not sure whats going on. I've had issues in the past and this helped me out. As long as you are happy with the Sentinel settings then you can safely erase and re-write. Greg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.