Update - 10/24/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
Happy Tuesday everyone!

There will be an update tonight around 5pm CT for the PC apps and the TRX 1&2 CPU.

TRX-1 and TRX-2 PC apps

•Fixed issue where the application would fail to download the CPU Firmware update with a 404 error when CPU firmware 5.5 has been loaded onto the radio.

•Fixed an issue where the talkgroup ID of one recording may be carried over to the next recording in some cases in the audio file list.

•Fixed issue where the blink settings on presets for the LED were not being set correctly when using the Load Preset options.

•Added option to allow the deletion of multiple trunked systems at the same time.

•Added an update options section to the Set Location screen.

WS1080 and WS1095 pc apps

•Fixed an issue where the talkgroup ID of one recording may be carried over to the next recording in some cases in the audio file list.

•Fixed issue where the blink settings on presets for the LED were not being set correctly when using the Load Preset options.

•Added option to allow the deletion of multiple trunked systems at the same time.

•Added an update options section to the Set Location screen.

CPU Updates

TRX-1 and TRX-2

addresses a NAC exclusion bug and adds a bit more time to acquire SACCH message during NXDN

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Does it include any trojan malicious code, time bomb, etc like the other version had in the software code Whistler released this year?

What other new/updated stuff hidden in this version release Whistler forgot to tell us in the post above?

Did Whistler add any software codes from Russia in this firmware release?

Last edited:

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
I already had nightmares from my HP Printer. Just waiting until my scanner tells me I need to pay to play...

Waiting on reports before I install.

Overall this seems like some pretty basic (and a couple outstanding) fixes that generally are not that important. Unless the NXDN tweak is somehow magical.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
TRX-1 upgrade went well. TRX-2 not so much. Update failed to load, said scanner rejected the firmware. Now screen reads, No MAIN Appl Code! Waiting for USB...

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
dude go bash somewhere else

Not bashing. If you read past release notes from Whistler Group company. They left things out in release notes. It was a serious question for Whistler to tell us.

Whistler started playing games with their firmware releases and adding hidden software codes in it from what was said in the release notes. So it's best to ask!

That hidden malicious software code, if added could disable Whistler scanners doing the next presidential election night or some undisclosed date for some big event Whistler Group hasn't told us about yet.

Last edited:

AggieCon

Premium Subscriber
TRX-1 upgrade went well. TRX-2 not so much. Update failed to load, said scanner rejected the firmware. Now screen reads, No MAIN Appl Code! Waiting for USB...

Yikes. This is why it is important to me that the firmware actually has added value. There is no reason to risk the upgrade and connection hassle unless the update really improves scanning.

Perhaps someone could run some checksums or something on the firmware files to see if the purported changes look reasonable per the file.

Or perhaps our Russian friend could give us the scoop.

Once you get on the thin ice of trust, it makes some hesitant to touch anything, even with a 10 foot poll.

Ed6698

Not bashing. If you read past release notes from Whistler Group company. They left things out in release notes. It was a serious question for Whistler to tell us.

Whistler started playing games with their firmware releases and adding hidden software codes in it from what was said in the release notes. So it's best to ask!

Yup and there was a disclaimer saying if it was used on a radio not intended for there could be a problem.

https://forums.radioreference.com/r...thorized-upgrade-gre-radioshack-scanners.html

fredva

Feed Provider

They left out the attempts to combat unauthorized use of their software.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Gents, let's focus on this firmware release. The other matter has been debated ad nauseam in other threads.

AOD999

is it supposed to be 5.6? i updated the trx1 app. still says firmware 5.5 from june 30th is current and newest firmware available.

budevans

No CPU update?

Same here. I just tried to update my TRX-1 and EZ Scan reported Firmware version 5.5 from June 30, 2017 as the current version.

So no CPU update.

My Anti Virus program (Norton) reported a caution regarding the EZ Scan update. Norton didn't have enough reports of use to make a determination.

johnk9deputy

Premium Subscriber
error code on download

i had all kinds of error codes when downloading the update, and it never seem to take to my trx2
not sure what went wrong but this is not the first time that i have gotten error codes when downloading
an update. which means i wil be on the phone with whistler all day tomorrow.

Ed6698

i had all kinds of error codes when downloading the update, and it never seem to take to my trx2
not sure what went wrong but this is not the first time that i have gotten error codes when downloading
an update. which means i wil be on the phone with whistler all day tomorrow.

Why would you need to be on phone all day? Just take the SD card out for now and do a Prepare SD card for Use, should be able to use scanner in the mean time. Or get the CPU Updater from the Whistler website.

Last edited:

MichaelBhere

I had no issues.

If you did not update the PC app before updating the CPU, you may want to go back and update the PC app first. Always update the PC app first!

If you wiped out your FW during your attempt to update the CPU, you will have to go to the Whistler website and download the appropriate CPU updater.exe for your scanner and manually update it.

budevans

Still no firmware update for TRX-1

I had no issues.

If you did not update the PC app before updating the CPU, you may want to go back and update the PC app first. Always update the PC app first!

Tried to download firmware again, still reporting the June version as the current firmware for my TRX-1. Yes, I did the PC App first. All of the program files show 10/24/2017 date.

Whistler must have pulled the TRX-1 version of firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.