Determine Authenticity (how-to) Of A Uniden R3 Radar Detector

Status
Not open for further replies.

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this is the appropriate forum to post this question, so please move if needed.

I am wondering if there is a way to determine if the product I purchased is 100% authentic and not a fake, or refurbished. The product is the Uniden R3 Extreme Long Range Radar/Laser Detector.

I was trying to find an R3 for sale from an authorized Uniden dealer, but the backlog on orders was well beyond a month. Since I couldn't sit back and wait, I went against my better judgement and ordered the R3 from an Ebay seller called "gear4less". They had 100% positive feedback in the 60 some thousand ratings received. There were 3 neutral ratings, none of which pertained to product authenticity or quality, mostly shipping.

So I am hoping there is a way to determine if the product I purchased is 100% authentic as issued by Uniden and also being a brand new item, not a refurb. I guess when I get out on the road, I will have an idea how it performs, but so far, it all looks brand new.

I welcome and appreciate any comments pertaining to my search. I am opening my package, and taking pictures of it as I go, just in case. I do not see any special graphics or seals on the box, but I did notice a theft alert (RFID) tag on the inside of the box.

Thanks,
Vince Caruso
Palm Harbor, FL

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If it's a refurb, it's still an authentic Uniden product.

Status
Not open for further replies.