L A fire unit in Phoenix metro area

Status
Not open for further replies.

bge1234

Does anyone know what an L A fire unit would be? I just heard one dispatched to return to quarters, unit 200 something, but I don't remember the rest of the number.

"200" series are second units, and reserves. For example, a station could have Engine 1, and Engine 201. So it could just be a second or reserve unit, too.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Was this comment for Phoenix, AZ area fire? Engine 1 would be Phoenix. Engine 201 would be Mesa. Here are the unit designators for the Phoenix Area:

https://www.phoenix.gov/firesite/Documents/094635.pdf

I misinterpreted the original post. While I was originally confused about the relationship between "LA", and "Phoenix", anything has been possible this year (there's a viral video of a L.A.F.D. unit on a freeway in Florida). So while I didn't understand the op's original relationship between the two, I misinterpreted the question as being related to Los Angeles, and Phoenix.

KB7MIB

It is a Light Acuity medical unit, not a light & air unit, which are designated utility or scene support units (Tempe FD SS274) in the Phoenix metro area. I've already linked to an article about them. There is also a YouTube video on them, if you look it up.

In the Phoenix metro area, 200 series are East Valley departments for the most part.
Mesa FD 201-229
Sun Lakes 231-239
Guadalupe 241-249
Gilbert 251-259
Superstition (Apache Junction) 261-269
Tempe 271-279
Chandler 281-289
Salt River 291-299

If they run out of numbers, some departments add additional units such as 2201 for Mesa, 2511 for Gilbert, and 2810 for Chandler.

John
Peoria

K2RNI

I misinterpreted the original post. While I was originally confused about the relationship between "LA", and "Phoenix", anything has been possible this year (there's a viral video of a L.A.F.D. unit on a freeway in Florida). So while I didn't understand the op's original relationship between the two, I misinterpreted the question as being related to Los Angeles, and Phoenix.

Link LAFD viral vid please?

sdu219

Premium Subscriber
[QUOTE=lacoscannerguy;2834697(there's a viral video of a L.A.F.D. unit on a freeway in Florida).

The LA unit was probably at the E-One factory (to or from or test drive) as the factory is in Ocala FL. I see all kinds of units on 75 and 301 when I am in FL. I once saw a Fairbanks AK truck on the highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.