Wright Co area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dadwith2boys

Has anyone been able to pick up the MAC MSP international Airport talkgroups way out here? :)

Thanks

stmills

I believe the Hennepin West (2-002) 852.6125 carries MAC MSP Police main Talkgroup but I don’t believe they are carried on the Wright County towers.

Dadwith2boys

Thank you for the response.

I was just wondering if anyone in this area has been able to receive their transmissions?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I was under the impression that MSP airport uses the Hennepin EAST sub-system as their "Home" system. One of the sites for that sub-system is located at Fort Snelling right next to the airport.

The way this ARMER system works is that there are many local sub-systems that cover a relatively small area. If users roam from their local/home area, they "may" affiliate with adjacent sub-systems to link back to the "home" system. So if MSP was heard on Hennepin WEST it could be due to a user roaming in the area of that sub-system. Once the unit departs the area, then the traffic for the MSP talkgroup ceases.

The ARMER system is a pretty complex system. I'd think hearing airport talkgroups in Wright County might be pushing it.

stmills

Each Talkgroup has a profile in the system of what towers it is allowed on, and how it is covered on that tower.
Not allowed - will never be on the tower
Requested- will only be heard when a radio affiliates to the tower and requests the access
Forced- the Talkgroup is always heard on the tower.
State Patrol main Talkgroups are the best example of forced, but law enforcement main are usually forced on all systems that boarder the Home system.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I stumbled across this site which shows coverage maps for the metro area and the associated sub-systems. ARMER Coverage Maps

You might find this information helpful to determine about what kind of signal you should get at your home.

Status
Not open for further replies.