• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Looking for options to mounting CB Antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Looking to put up my Sirio Tornado ground plane antenna before winter sets in. My last place I used it I had no problems mounting it to a chimney, unfortunately I don't have that capability any longer. I'm thinking about either a tripod mount or a gable eve type mount. I would like to use either a 5ft or 10ft mast. Either or is fine as I've got some decent height working for me to begin with.

Suggestions?

If the Gable eve mount would work for me then atleast I'm not gonna be drilling holes into the roof.

Also, I'm looking to mount one of my scanner antennas to the same area only a bit lower down using a j pole type mount. Once I get these in place then I'm completely back in business to using my radios fully finally.

Attachments

• House.jpg
    House.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 288

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I wouldn't use either, given the size of the antenna. You'll have issues with wind and leaks with a tripod or gable mount

Put a mast next to your house, set the base in concrete, and secure the mast to the house near the roofline in a way that ensures it is attached to structural 2x4s, not just plywood.

radact

CB Antenna Mounting

This is what I did.

As you can see I used left over dish arms and one of them has an Antron 99 on it.

The tall pole had a Commercial Dual Band that I used for MURS & GMRS and for
simplex use on those bands as well that is why I wanted it higher than the rest. Eventually it
too went on an arm.

Right after the picture was taken I got rid of the DirectTV service, took the dish off and used
that arm for a 900 mhz antenna.

They're very sturdy and if mounted like the other person advised on the stud on the back of
the eve, it supports very well.

Hope this gives some idea.

Attachments

• 100_0548.jpg
    100_0548.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 183
Status
Not open for further replies.