Delaware County NY 154.040

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Seems as thou Delaware is re-transmitting 46.06 via 154.040 110.9 from stamford tower anyway. 154.040 has long been there CPS channel. Dont know if its a "fluke" or permanent thing. Maybe someone out that way can confirm.

onsceno

Well... VHF sounds GREAT! Grand Gorge just went out for a medical call. It’s “rebroadcasting” field units into the Utsy tower also.

SMFD34

I have been monitoring that for the past week or so. I have heard several VHF channels used by, I believe, the coordinators in the past but was unable to confirm the actual use in context. I do know Grand Gorge EMS had a VHF portable that was used to communicate with Delaware. I am unsure if the XB was done in the rig or if it was done on a tower.

Notes from previous observations, not confirmed to still be active:
154.355 151.4 XB Delaware Fire
154.040 127.3 XB Delaware Fire, heard near Oneonta in the past, also heard 82.5
160.215 186.2 XB Delaware Fire

onsceno

Guess I’ll have to plug these in also. I recall Grand Gorge having a repeater (153.215) which seems to have gone silent.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
A quick FCC check sayth.....160.215 dont come back to anyone in delaware county......154.355 comes back to a transmitter only in Delhi . Ill assume some license work is lacking

SMFD34

I am curious as to the source of the 154.040 transmissions. If Delaware used the same "consultant" that other counties have used this could be an indication of a VHF paging channel to be used in the future with operations on UHF. I have no word that this is the case other than my speculation. Knowing the origin of the transmissions would be helpful. The channels I referenced above were monitored several years ago and each one was never heard on more than one occasion. I would also add 156.0000 as it seems to be on the same license as a few of the other VHF channels if anyone is monitoring them.

As far as Grand Gorge, the VHF portable use was noted several years prior to the VHF repeaters that appeared in Delaware county for local department operations. I am unsure if this was a county resource or something the department had developed independently.

onsceno

As would I. I’ve plugged in all the VHF frequencies we’ve discussed so far and the only active one is 154.0400 110.9. I’ve got some height where I am so it’s a non-issue with reception. I’m very hesitant on reaching out to the 9-1-1 coordinator to ask - having such better coverage with this frequency is quite enjoyable and I would hate to lose it - if in fact this is something that shouldn’t be happening. Which, then, leads me to my next point... this VHF freq is undoubtedly transmitting (along with EVERY outgoing site in the county) anything coming in to 9-1-1 on 46.0600 192.8 ONLY (Stamford on Utsayantha Mountain). Correct me if I’m wrong, but wouldn’t that take physical access to the system’s infrastructure to enable this?

onsceno

Well... as of last November, 154.04 110.9 was online. I close up the house for the season and return this past weekend and it's OFF THE AIR =(

Anyone have any new intel on it or the "progression" of the UHF system?

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
As far as i know there still dispatching on this. They asked The town of Lexington to get a new freq on Delaware's nickel as they were not wanting any close users. And i am pretty sure there going VHF last FCC license updates i saw. This link might help ,There are other attachments depicting the "fire" side i would assume. But i cant find them right now
>>> https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/...tachmentKey=20266624&attachmentInd=applAttach

onsceno

That's what I had seen too... lots of new VHF licensing...

I was there for nearly 4 days and not a peep on 154.04 (even CSQ) and it was BUSY! Super busy!

onsceno

Side note... I had all the "new VHF licenses" in scan on the truck radio the whole weekend and no activity on them =(

onsceno

Sorry for delay... I keep those UHF ones in CSQ in scan also and nada. No matter how you look at it, the low-band infrastructure is still very much in existence but it was so nice having that VHF patch/simulcast!

Status
Not open for further replies.