• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

gr1225 repeater programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizmp

What do i need to program my Repeater. I know i need a programming cable, but i heard i also need a attachment go with it? and I guess i need the software for it. but what i read that its hard to get other then pay the razzu of money to Motorola. but is there a third party software that can do it?
I also want to add a module which i brought a long time ago but misplaced it somewhere in my garage, (cant remember what's it called) but once installed I can have multiple PL codes and other features.
currently right now my repeater is up on the GMRS band.
i haven't used it as much, but a few years ago i tested and came across with another repeater coming up so I might need to change my PL for it

tdeater

You will need a M1225 ribless programming cable. They are pretty easy to find on line and on ebay. You will be programming it trough the front mic connector. Motorola Programming Cables - RIB Box- Ribless - USB- 2WayRadioParts.com

Not sure you can get the software from Motorola anymore, I think that radio series was end of lifed a while ago. I don't know of any 3rd party software. Again, not hard to find googling around. I think though you will need a slightly older computer to read the repeater though, but I am not completely sure. The software is windows based.

The other module would be called a controller. There were a few different ones offered by a couple of different companies. For basic GMRS use, the built in controller would work fine.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
tdeater is spot on on his recommendations. The RSS (4.0 was built for XP) will only run effectively on a 32 bit machine and Motorola canceled the repeater about a decade ago. I haven't seen the RSS on MOL so it's likely NLA from Motorola.

nc700

What do i need to program my Repeater. I know i need a programming cable, but i heard i also need a attachment go with it? and I guess i need the software for it. but what i read that its hard to get other then pay the razzu of money to Motorola. but is there a third party software that can do it?
I also want to add a module which i brought a long time ago but misplaced it somewhere in my garage, (cant remember what's it called) but once installed I can have multiple PL codes and other features.
currently right now my repeater is up on the GMRS band.
i haven't used it as much, but a few years ago i tested and came across with another repeater coming up so I might need to change my PL for it
If you haven't been able to get anywhere on this email me !

Sent from my SM-J327R4 using Tapatalk

I remember having to run an XP virtual PC in win 2000 / 7 to program the 1225. At that time Microsoft sold the VM program which they later gave away.
Mcore probably remembers the R100 repeater and the horrible UI to program it.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I remember having to run an XP virtual PC in win 2000 / 7 to program the 1225. At that time Microsoft sold the VM program which they later gave away.
Mcore probably remembers the R100 repeater and the horrible UI to program it.

Professionally, I've never dealt with the R100 (doesn't mean I haven't messed around with it). My work rule of thumb is if I can't support it through my issued computer I'm not going to support it (regardless of what corporate policy is).

The reason I say that, it got to the point where I was having daily crashes on the computer I was issued prior to the buyout. New company promised new computers (it was 6 years old at that point when I got it). 8 months in I started having daily crashes so I continuously put in support tickets until some one said, "looks like it's time you request a new computer." So I did and specified Windows 7. Took 4 months for that to get "processed" and what shows up is a Windows 10 laptop that is too big to put on a rack shelf with accessories connected and barely fits in my laptop (went from a 13" to a 15").

Where I was able to program Pro series, Astro series, MTR2000s and 1225's in the Windows 7 machine using XP Mode (note, issued laptop was 64 bit, personal laptops are all 32 bit and have no issue in Windows 7)...I can no longer program those radios on the new machine (and we still have a ton of customers using those radios).

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Last I looked, the Windows version of the programming software was still available on MOL in the Discontinued area. Version 4.0 is you want.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider

There are users here who are local and can assist you with your programming, just give it a little time and they will come around.

You may want to consider not putting it on 462.600/625/650/675 as are all pretty well covered in the basin with repeaters, with at least six repeaters on 600 alone. PL/DPL helps, but a repeater on one of the other channels (550/575/725) might allow better coverage for you and your users. The Lukens 700 repeater is now no more, so that could be a choice as well.

Obviously you can do what you want, as there is no frequency exclusivity on GMRS, that's just my nickel :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.