Need Advice on Programming :Centre County Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3HBJ

I'm new to digital scanning/trunking and am looking for some programming advice on the Centre County (Pennsylvania) Public Safety system. I am troubleshooting a WS1065 with Win500 and have been able to upload both the Conventional and Trunked frequencies that I want to monitor. The conventional analog frequencies work just fine for both Clearfield and Centre counties. The problem is that I can't seem to find the correct settings in Win500 to receive any Trunked signals. I should be close enough to have the scanner lock on to a carrier or, at least, hear some static. I have tried about every option in Win500 fo TSYS objects with no success. What am I doing wrong?

marksmith

I'm new to digital scanning/trunking and am looking for some programming advice on the Centre County (Pennsylvania) Public Safety system. I am troubleshooting a WS1065 with Win500 and have been able to upload both the Conventional and Trunked frequencies that I want to monitor. The conventional analog frequencies work just fine for both Clearfield and Centre counties. The problem is that I can't seem to find the correct settings in Win500 to receive any Trunked signals. I should be close enough to have the scanner lock on to a carrier or, at least, hear some static. I have tried about every option in Win500 fo TSYS objects with no success. What am I doing wrong?
What are you considering to be "close enough"?

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

marksmith

What are you considering to be "close enough"?

Mark
P25 systems are highly directional within their jurisdiction. If you are not in Centre County, I would not make the assumption that you are "close enough".

If you are in State College or Bellefonte you should not have any issues, other than potential simulcast distortion, as I believe it is a simulcast system.

If you program the control channels as conventional and don't hear a very strong trunked channel data noise, you are too far away. This would likely be the case if you are not in Centre County.

Mark

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
That system suffers from simulcast distortion so even though you have a signal your scanner might be overloaded with the multiple transmitters at same time.

N3HBJ

Thanks, much, oldeschoolff! I suspected that I was in a good signal area, but wasn't able to get the programming software to cooperate. I believe I was overthinking the problem. Anyway, I have it working now. Thanks again...

N3HBJ

Thanks, OM. There may be multicast issues with the system, but the problem was actually my error in software configuration. All is well now. Thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.