Lincoln County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
Hello y'all,

Does anybody have the template for the Lincoln County Sheriff UHF radio channels? I'm listening to them chasing someone on foot and calling K9 from Lincolnton city, but they all switched to "Channel 3" to keep the main channel open for other traffic. I know of Channel 5 & Channel 8, but I don't know Channel 3 or any others other than the dispatch channels. Or does anyone know the frequencies to Channel 3 and/or the others? Thanks!

Did you try mutual aid 453.7000? The city and county used it often when I lived there from 99-10.

Put the tone in or you'll get Gaston County as well. My scanner shows 107.2 (funny that I never removed Lincoln County from my 246T since I left).

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Did you try mutual aid 453.7000? The city and county used it often when I lived there from 99-10.

Put the tone in or you'll get Gaston County as well. My scanner shows 107.2 (funny that I never removed Lincoln County from my 246T since I left).

Yep I've tried that frequency along with all the others listed in the database. It must be a channel that's not listed. I'll have to wait til next time & do a frequency band search or something. I'd love to be able to read one of their radios! LOL

reconrider8

Time to put the scanner to work it sounds like. Band search in the 450 bands and see if you can't get a hit. Keep in mind ch3 could be low power simplex channels also.

Based on my time there, I would not believe it is a frequency that has not been identified (county or city dispatch, 453.700 or one of the unlicensed channels they use.

Since I've had a little time, I seem to remember 453.700 mutual aid is referred to as ch 7.

If you were out of range, then I agree that it could have been simplex on a output to any of the usual channels or it could have been the input with a different CTCSS tone. The county used to have separate input tones for east and west end units, per a friend when he was a deputy in the dark Sheriff pickins era.

Are you actually in Lincoln County? If so, what is your location? I lived just south of town off of old 321 so with antenna at 10ft I got lots of traffic so I assume I was always hearing ch3.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Based on my time there, I would not believe it is a frequency that has not been identified (county or city dispatch, 453.700 or one of the unlicensed channels they use.

Since I've had a little time, I seem to remember 453.700 mutual aid is referred to as ch 7.

If you were out of range, then I agree that it could have been simplex on a output to any of the usual channels or it could have been the input with a different CTCSS tone. The county used to have separate input tones for east and west end units, per a friend when he was a deputy in the dark Sheriff pickins era.

Are you actually in Lincoln County? If so, what is your location? I lived just south of town off of old 321 so with antenna at 10ft I got lots of traffic so I assume I was always hearing ch3.

Yes I am in Lincoln County, I'm around US-321 & Maiden Hwy area.

AK4FD

Premium Subscriber
Try this frequency

450.075 Mhz.

It is an unlicensed frequency for talk-a-round usage.

David

Already have that one. That's Channel 5, mutual aid. Thanks for trying to help tho, appreciate it!

Status
Not open for further replies.