RadioFeed Randomly Gets Closed Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASTRO_Man

Premium Subscriber
I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit on a Dell Optiplex Xe PC (Low Profile). I am running two feeds using two separate sound cards and both use RadioFeed. Lately, at random intervals, I get a feed down notification almost once a day. When I check on the problem, all of my programs are closed out and my screen is on the desktop. There aren’t any “Windows encountered a problem” notifications or any internet connectivity issues. The programs are simply closed, as if someone closed them themselves. What could the source of this issue be? Thanks!

Probably Windows 10 doing its incessant updates, I just had to quit using it altogether. Your best bet would be to roll back Win 7

I didn't know you could do that with 10, I guess I ditched it before the "update" that would let you do that. But experience has been that it doesn't work well where it needs to be on 24/7. A local repeater owner has tried using it for Echolink and it has been nothing but trouble.

BTW it is down now

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I am running Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit on a Dell Optiplex Xe PC (Low Profile). I am running two feeds using two separate sound cards and both use RadioFeed. Lately, at random intervals, I get a feed down notification almost once a day. When I check on the problem, all of my programs are closed out and my screen is on the desktop. There aren’t any “Windows encountered a problem” notifications or any internet connectivity issues. The programs are simply closed, as if someone closed them themselves. What could the source of this issue be? Thanks!

All programs or just RadioFeed?
I would check for viruses and trojans. Any software installed recently at the same time this problem started.

Last edited:

ASTRO_Man

Premium Subscriber
All programs or just RadioFeed?
I would check for viruses and trojans. Any software installed recently at the same time this problem started.

I purchased this PC new and the only installed programs are Firefox, RadioFeed, and Plex (Movie Server). I highly doubt it’s a virus as I never browse the internet or use the PC regularly (it sits in the attic), but anything is possible.

I believed all programs do close when RadioFeed does (I run Plex along with RadioFeed and I think it closed as well). I just ran a manual Windows 10 Update to see if this fixes the issue, if it persists I will let verify that all programs close. I am pretty sure they all close.

I didn't know you could do that with 10, I guess I ditched it before the "update" that would let you do that. But experience has been that it doesn't work well where it needs to be on 24/7. A local repeater owner has tried using it for Echolink and it has been nothing but trouble.

With Win10, go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > System > Windows Update > Startup Type: Disabled.

ASTRO_Man

Premium Subscriber
UPDATE

UPDATE:
Since my PC unexpectedly closed out my feed, it has been running strong for 9.5 hours before being closed out again. To try to help find the problem, I left a webpage left open with RadioFeed running when I reset the feeds earlier. When RadioFeed got closed out again, so did the webpage; so it seems like a Windows 10 issue and not directly related to RadioFeed. Anyone have any thoughts? This seems to happen daily and Windows Update is disabled.

ASTRO_Man

Premium Subscriber
RadioFeed randomly exited out again over night, but Plex did not. So now it seems like RadioFeed is the culprit…

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
They added a lot of options to how and when Windows 10 Updates run. Take a look under Advanced Options, and see if that might help.

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 80

ASTRO_Man

Premium Subscriber
Looks Like an imminent PSU Failure?

From event viewer, error code is referred to a sudden restart likely to a faulty PSU. So I may have just solved my problem.

Attachments

• 6C0E59A5-7FC4-4829-97E5-DF4B69231444.jpg
    6C0E59A5-7FC4-4829-97E5-DF4B69231444.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 66
Status
Not open for further replies.