Wallingford PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lockedin

So recently back into listening and a friend from the old days is in Wallingford. Does anyone know if Wallingford PD and or Fire is moniterable? He is interested and I'd like to let him know.
Thanks guys

leadjammer

Walingford PD

Yes, both are listenable. Unfortunately here in Hamden I cannot pick up the PD as I am out of range but the FD comes in fine.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
Lockedin,
Both Wallingford fire and Wallingford police are monitorable I forgot the pl but fire is still on 154.220. the police department has three channels on 800 in digital mode that can be found here in the database they actually use one channel primarily once in awhile you'll see them go to the second Channel.
Leadjammer,
I am surprised that you cannot hear the PD in Hamden reason I'm saying that is some days I will get them really good here in West Haven which is further and some days I'll get them but they'll be really really bad. That is both on a 436hp handheld and a base unit that I have hooked up on an external antenna only thing is the antenna's not that high so it's almost like listening on a back of set antenna but I do hear them. I mean radio is funny you can be right next to stuff sometimes and not hear it and somebody can hear it 20 miles away so but I'm just surprised you can't hear them

leadjammer

Walingford PD

I know it id strange but here in Hamden near WELI I get nothing from the Wallingford PD. I have a HP 1 hooked up to an outside antenna on my roof and don't even get static on those three 800 frequency channels. Maybe Sleeping Giant Mt blocks the signal. I too just purchased an HP436 and no luck with that either. The FD comes in fine. I guess its just the way the signal travels. Kind of frustrating. If I'm in North Haven in the car I can start to pick them up on my handheld scanners

Status
Not open for further replies.