Unable to enter System/Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugene

Have entered Marine frequencies to my Uniden 396XT using Butel software. Have never had an issue until now. I have them entered under QK 43 but when trying to hear the system/group ("no" 4-3) will not scan that QK. When I lock all other sites out and enter QK43.....shows "nothing to scan". Have tried overwriting the data and even deleting and re-entering it......no go. Have tried entering it under different QK's.....same thing. I know it is in there because I can manually scroll to it from the adjacent systems. Another head scratcher. Anyone else had this problem?? Thanks in advance.

Eugene KG4AVE

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
If you have Location Control enabled, that could lock out those channels if you don't have their location tagged correctly.

Also, if your scanner has Service Types or an equivalent, make sure that whatever type you assigned to the marine channels is enabled.

marksmith

If you have Location Control enabled, that could lock out those channels if you don't have their location tagged correctly.

Also, if your scanner has Service Types or an equivalent, make sure that whatever type you assigned to the marine channels is enabled.
396xt does not have service types.

Mark
536/436/ws1095/996p2/996xt/325p2/396xt/psr800/396t/HP-1/HP-2 & others

Eugene

Thanks for the reply...... I don't have location or nay GPS enabled. And as marksmith points out.....I don't have service types on this one (although that would have been something to check on my 436.

Eugene KG4AVE

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
You have in the 'Sys Option', in the scanner menu - locked out. Program, scroll to Marine, Press E then scroll to Sys option, press E, scroll to Set Lockout, press E

n4yek

I have to ask the question, are you pressing the 'period/NO' button before your press 43 to access the upper memories?

Eugene

I am pressing "no" then 43......with all other groups locked out....after pressing "no" 43 shows "nothing to scan"

Eugene KG4AVE

Eugene

ka3jjz: In the "nothing to scan" wiki.........I learned this the hard way years ago....so nothing really applies. But thanks anyway. To Ronaldski.....will try your solution tonight.....will post with results....thanks. To wtp....Already have the freqs programed in so not really searching....thanks.

Eugene KG4AVE

Eugene

And to elaborate.....by "nothing to scan" after engaging QK 43 with all other systems locked out.......for example......I lock out all systems and have "nothing to scan" showing for instance.....then push QK 3...then that system associated with QK 3 will start scanning. Not so with QK 43.

Eugene KG4AVE

Ubbe

What do you have programmed in that Q43 system? Seems like it must be a trunked system but the sites
are somehow not linked to the talk groups. Can you attach that ARC system file to your comment and we
can load it and see if there is something that needs to be changed. If it works in our scanners it must be
an issue with some general settings.

/Ubbe

Eugene

Ronaldski: Tried that....nothing. Ubbe: Thanks. These are conventional channels put in as a conventional system, not trunked....but thanks.

Eugene KG4AVE

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Just upload here or somewhere so it can be figured out.
You sure its not set up as a startupkey instead of a quickkey? I never mess with startupkeys.

I can add on to what I said above is that at the very end I said ... press E...
Then highlight Unlocked, press E, push Scan

Other than that all that's left is the possibility every marine channel is set for lockout. There really isn't anything else left.

Eugene

Ronaldski: Thanks.....pretty much what I thought. I never use startup keys either. Double checked all the frequencies and they are unlocked. And at the very end (Sys Option) it is already on unlocked but I highlighted and entered anyway......still didn't work. And like I said....it's not just the QK location. Any QK I assign is the same.

Eugene KG4AVE

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
I had the same thing happen with my 396 some time ago. There is a very tricky way to fix it but I do not remember. UPman was able to help at that time. I believe - emphasis on believe - you have all the groups (or only group) locked out. Even though you are enabling system 43 the freqs in the group section of that system are locked out. I am not sure if that makes any sense to you or if I made it worse. It is just another angle to to at.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Your best course right now is to read the scanner using Freescan or Proscan to capture all the settings, zip that up and post it to the group so that others can look at your setup directly. We are just floundering around guessing right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.