DMR Help Vancouver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dann

Premium Subscriber
Any one in the Vancouver area that can help me to understand DMR, and set up a MD-380. I have been a Ham for over 30 years and this is all new to me. Thank you for your time....

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Code plug

There are Youtube videos that can help. I started by downloading a code plug and studied it to learn the structure. VA3XPR has some good information and code plugs that should get you started. There is one for your radio that would have some of the data you need to build a Canada code plug. You could either add to the information already done, or modify the information for your area.

BC_Scan

Err no jaspence, I believe he is referring to Vancouver WA, on the border of southern WA state with Portland Oregon,
while I agree there is great info on that Canadian site, there is lots of info even videos on the 380 , you need PC cable and software, while I agree it is a steep learning curve, you can get there.
I know of an xpert on the 380 here in Richmond BC, I can pass along contact should you require, PM me for that.

RBMTS

Another suggestion would be to contact some of the local radio clubs or ARES groups in the area and inquire if one of their members could share a code plug for the 380. Since that was a popular radio I'm sure there would be several people that would have one that they'd be willing to share. The TRBO.ORG site also use to have some saved code plugs. There was a couple of Yahoo groups that also had shared code plugs for the 380 and maybe you could find one there. Your best route is to get with a local club. Once you get the code plug for the area you can study how it is arranged and then customize it for your own needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.